Lamps Plus / Trying Billing Credit Card Twice

United States Review updated:

I ordered a sculpture head from Lamps Plus in late November. They promised me it would be here by Christmas. I get an email saying it will be here in late February. They billed my credit card for $39.91. Today (January 18th, 2011) I receive a call saying that they need to bill my credit card again and it is not going through. My credit card does not have the full $39.91 in it today, that is why it is not going through. They already billed me for this back in November, I watched it come out of my account. They are trying to double bill me. This company is nothing but a scam from the way they lied about it being there by Christmas, to the way they say they never got their money. Don't do business with Lamps Plus unless you want to give them free money.

Comments

• La
      19th of Jan, 2011

We’re sorry for the confusion about credit card charges and we apologize for any inconvenience in regards to your order. We just wanted to give a quick explanation about our ordering/credit card process.

Lamps Plus only charges its customers when merchandise has shipped. At the time any customer places an order with us using a credit card however, we place an authorization on the customers’ account. The length of time this hold appears can differ from bank to bank. Also, if a customer is using a debit card as a credit card, their bank takes the funds out of their available balance and put it back in if no charge has been posted against it. We can assure you that this order in question has not been charged.

While we do our best to ensure timely delivery of all of our products, especially around the holidays, we occasionally are not able to fill some orders due to factors beyond our control. We are committed to keeping our customers informed when these issues arise and there’s always the option of speaking with one of our product specialists to reselect or cancel an order.

Lamps Plus did not intend for our ordering procedures and communications to be misconstrued. We value each of our customers and would love the opportunity to positively rectify this situation. If you have any questions or would like further clarification, please feel free to reach out to us at [protected]@lampsplus.com.