Lamps Plus / Poor customer service

Buyer Beware. Lamps Plus, a Chatsworth, California based company, had a “lighting consultant” come to my home for an evaluation and “sketch” of Installing ambient lighting. I was not told by their “consultant” about the possibility of incurring major damages in my ceiling to find the safest-best Place to install the lights. Instead of 7 recessed holes, I ended up with a total of 14 holes in my ceiling. Their Vice President of Operations in Chatsworth had Regional Manager contact me and he expressed that there is no way to “xray” a ceiling. My contention is that Lamps Plus should Have “second best” knowledge of where to place lighting before destroying someone’s ceiling. This fiasco, not only caused me to pay $900.00 for “installation”, but an additional $750.00 with a separate painting contractor to repair the damages from Lamps Plus. Lamps Plus did not make me aware that ADDITIONAL DAMAGES would be incurred when this installation took place. For consumers: this company has a communication problem within store level to their installers. Store does not provide adequate information to A consumer that CONSIDERABLE damages may occur when cutting in to drywall. Lamps Plus needs to make the buyer beware of additional charges To shoddy work such as pictured here.

Da

Comments

Ot
  7th of Jun, 2009

If you were having recessed ceiling lighting installed, any electrician is going to have to make some holes in the drywall...what did you expect? Each light has to be wired and the wiring pulled through. I've done this job myself and it can be a mess.

Ch