La Quinta Inns & Suites / false advertising

1 United States

To Whom It May Concern,
I have been a La Quinta member since 2006. I have now reached Gold member status. Recently I received an email promotion concerning 15% off member stays at my favorite hotel and it had a link to my most used La Quinta hotel in Missoula, Mt. Upon calling for a reservation, as I spoke to the representative, the price continued to increase as we talked about pricing for hotel rooms. It literally went from 90$ to 99$ in one minute.
Also, I was inquiring about the 15% off sale pitch I received. Well, according to the clerk and supervisor, in fine print it says that you do not have to follow this guideline. I feel that this smacks of major FALSE ADVERTISING and I will from now on look for other hotels to do business with from not on.
I prefer talking and booking a room with human. All of the prices online were better than those with speaking with a human. There is something wrong with this picture. Really wrong. So I am penalized for wanting to have a human make my reservation as opposed to clicking on line a reservation that may not work for me.
I am aghast at your way of doing business. It is very cutthroat and has no human decency at it's heart. Do you really want to serve people in a better and more respectful manner than other hotels? Then I suggest you quit your false advertising to try and get people to book hotel rooms thinking that they are getting 15% off when they really are getting `15% more added to their total bill.
A shake down.
I am so disappointed in La Quinta I am considering closing my account and signing on with another more legitimate hotel.
With patience,