LA Fitness / personal training

1 Walpole, MA, United States Review updated:

I previously worked at La fitness so I know how the cancellation process worked. On the contract it states if your residence or place of employment changes, and if it’s further than or up to 25 miles away you can cancel with no issue. All you need to do is just bring proof. I'm a college student and my place of employment changed which was more than 25 miles from the gym, so when I tried canceling them first gave me the run around. So later on I called another gym to see if I can cancel it there, where they informed me the gym in Walpole cannot do that and all I need to do is bring in the proper form and they would have to give me the cancellation form. So later that day I spoke to some of my previous coworkers and they cancelled the personal training for me. All I needed to do was sign and mail in which I clearly did. I thought great it’s all over but that wasn't the case at all.
Later that week I kept getting calls, and when I finally spoke to my previous boss where she began to give me the run around, claiming they go by zip code and not the physical address which is full of crap. I asked where that is stated at but she couldn't make a story after begin confronted about her information. She didn't know what to do anymore because they know they are fault. So still to this day I'm still waiting for corporate to call me and cancel my personal training. Every time I call I keep hearing the same lady telling me I’ll call you back and give you response. I cancelled in October and I'm still waiting to get a response. I called again 12/28 and it’s the same thing.
Shame on La Fitness because I actually enjoyed going to that gym at one point until now. I plan on cancelling all together now and not support their poor customer service gym.

Comments

• Ms
      20th of Apr, 2009

I have recently joined LA Fitness for getting back into my pre pregnancy jeans that every mom dreams after having a baby. But mid way through my training contract, I was suffering from severe lower back pain (could not even walk)and had to visit a doctor. So, I was diagnosed with si joint pain(hip rotation). The treatment :-(take it easy no workout. So i had to put my La Fitness account on hold for 2months and thought that I will be able to recover in 2 months. I called LA Fitness to cancel my account after 2 months, as I was strictly told by my orthopedic doctor not to workout for 6 mths, They told us on the time of joining that I can exit the contract at any time, If there is any physical injury.But here is a catch, U have to be permanently disabled in order to terminate the contract.. SO my Dear friends, a bit of advise DONT SIGN UP ANY CONTRACT WITH LA FITNESS beccause they are not understanding and you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow, they want to see you in a wheel chair to help you cancel the account...Period...ALL THEY WANNA DO IS TAKE YOR MONEY.

• Br
      29th of Nov, 2011

So just to verify, it is SUPPOSED to be the rule that once you move more than 25 miles away from an L.A. Fitness for work, we should be able to cancel our personal training membership without having to deal w/ all the crazy cancellation fees, correct? Thanks so much for the post!!