LA Fitness / cancellation refund
It seems to be a recurring theme. You sign up during a promotion that's "ending tomorrow". Three days later, having figured out that it makes more sense to join the club 5 blocks to the east rather than the LA Fitness 5 miles to the west, you mail in your cancellation form on the third business day. ( I recall at the time thinking "What's to keep them from just tossing it in the trash and saying they didn't get it?", but, like a good Minnesotan, tossed that thought aside as just paranoia. Silly me. )
They say to wait 10 days for an email response. Six days later, having not yet heard from them, you inquire about your refund. They call headquarters in Irvine. They say "We did not receive your cancellation form." (I did not send it by certified mail, nor did the instructions say this was required.)
THEN... they have the gall to say "Well, it's WAY too late now to get your refund, but we will cancel it now if you want." That's right. They say "Wait 10 days" and then 6 days later say "It's too late now."
So... LA Fitness takes my $169 [$100 + $30 (1st month) + $30 (last month) + $19 (tax)] for their cost of 6 miles on a treadmill and 3 minutes of warm water for showers - and thinks that's OK.
More LA Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- LA Fitness - confessions of a former la fitness employee 
- LA Fitness - la fitness membership cancellation cheating! 
- LA Fitness - inappropriate behavior at la fitness! 
- Lafitness-Personal Training - misleading/scam 
- LA Fitness - swimming pool 
- LA Fitness International - customer service
- LA Fitness International - theft at la fitness
- LA Fitness International - service
- LA Fitness International - la fitness instructor debbie at la fitness whittier
- LA Fitness International - poor management of exercise classes in edmonton