L.A. Fitness / Bad Customer Service

1 Oswego, IL, United States Review updated:

This club lacks basic customer service skills. We prepaid for two years before the club even opened. Our membership expired on a weekend and I came in the following monday to workout and explained that my husband would be in to pay for our renewal that evening. They were rude and tried to demand that I pay $15 to work out that day. I finally had to speak to the manager about it and she tried to say the same thing. After a long explanation about how I felt I was being treated unfairly I got to work out. Then when my husband came in to pay they back dated our renewal to the original date so technically Im out 5 days. Also they are supposed to give a free month for renewing but we didnt get that because we went past the renewal date yet they have no problem back dating our renwal and stealing five days from us!!! I also referred four people to that gym! All of this could have been avoided with some basic customer service skills. I will not go back to this gym after our next renewal unless new management is brought in and things drastically improve including the check in staff member in the morning who is very rude most of the time and when he does smile it is half hearted. The corporate office needs a serious makeover as well which is another story in itself!

Comments

• Re
      25th of Feb, 2010

Why shouldn't they back date your membership? You said you went to the gym after your membership expired and before you joined again.

Don't complain because you allowed your membership to expire. Your fault.

23rd of Jul, 2011

I have had some serious problems with the Pittsburgh, Robinson center concerning poor customer service and breach of promise. When I joined they told me a fitness instructor could see me around work hours whenever necessary but now no one is available. I called to get an appointment today before work. I called last week and then called to check on the appointment this morning. No record of any call or any appointment.

Please advise me of the address of the corporate office. I can get no information from the Fitness Center Employees as to whom to complain.