LA Fitness, Naples Florida / personal training contract

1 Naples, FL, United States

My son has been a member for many years, and likes the gym very much. Until a personaL training sales person sold him a 12 month contract for $4, 419.00
A $459 down payment and $360 per month. My son only makes $800 per month on his job, with his car payment of $350 per month, plus gas, food, cell phone expenses...This type of expense he can not afford. The very next day we went down to the branch below:
LA Fitness
871 Vanderbilt Beach Rd
Naples, FL 34108

I spoke to the personal Training Manager Ryan B. and explained our situation to him and he flat out said there was nothing he can do for us, my son signed the contract and the only way out was to pay a 50% penalty buyout fee. How ridiculous is that. For the past few months I had to pay this bill for my son because I was trying to build him good credit. I called Ryan B. again to confirm my situation to him, this time he said I was there after 3 days which was not the case, but again there was nothing he could do for me. I thought the days of pressure selling contracts to young kids was over a decade ago. With just about every place you buy something from has a very forgiving return policy`, LA Fitness in North Naples, Florida still deals in high pressure sales and deceit tactics and hides behind there contracts to rob you of your money. My suggestion to find another Gym to join without contracts, there are plenty of them out there.

Km