KrogerI fell at your store

My husband and I were walking through the meat department of your Walton KY Kroger yesterday. All of a sudden, I am on the floor. My knee is bruised, swollen, and burnt from sliding it on the concrete floor. My toenails (I was in flip flops) were bent back and broken from trying to catch myself. It hurt very much and I was instantly crying. Everyone was super apologetic and they cleaned up the mess before I even thought about getting my phone out and taking a picture. The boy from the meat dept went to Starbucks and got me a bag of ice for my knee and was telling the assistant manager that he didn't know the mess was there before I fell but he has cleaned it up now. The assistant manager, Claudia Kremer, was taking down my information and explaining that their insurance would pay for me to seek medical attention if I needed it. I told her that I didn't know if I would be going to the doctor but I would call if I felt the need. Then she basically insulted me by saying that if it was her, she thinks she would be more embarrassed than anything. EXCUSE ME!! I just fell in a wet spot on the floor of the store that you help manage and you have the nerve to insult me. I shrugged it off as I limped away and paid my $97 grocery bill. But the more I thought about it last night, the more it made me mad. I could file a lawsuit because of the negligence of the staff not cleaning up a spill but I had no intentions of that. I am a working mother of 4 kids. I work 50-55 hours a week to take care of my family. Yes, it would be nice to get some thousands of dollars because I fell in a spill at your store but I am not that type of person. However, I do feel that I should be compensated in some way for the negligence and the insulting.

Le
May 18, 2017

Comments

• Ca
      May 18, 2017

Hello, former Personal Injury Paralegal here. Let me be the first to tell you, based on what you yourself wrote, you have no case. You fell and you scraped your knee. You didn't even see a doctor. You have no injuries and there is NO attorney that would take your case. I repeat, you have no case and no attorney would accept you as a client.

I laughed so hard I nearly spit out my coffee when you made reference to thousands of dollars. You most definitely do not understand how personal injury cases work and how damages are assessed and awarded. Just picture it: you calling a law office and saying you want to sue because you scraped your knee and are feeling butthurt over a comment. The reaction from the law staff and/or attorney would be a mixture of disgust and laughter. The store employee was right: you should be embarrassed! The best you could hope for would be a $10 to $20 gift card as a token of good will.

•   May 18, 2017

Watch where you are walking.

• Tj
      May 27, 2017

Thousands of dollars because someone expressed what they might be feeling in your shoes...or, flipflops...

Good luck with that, [censor].