Kohl's / bad return policy

1 Racine, WI, United States Review updated:

Kohl's return policy is not customer friendly. The line at customer service had over 20 people waiting. Wait time was 45-60 minutes. Registers had short or no lines, but would not take exchanges and returns (unless totally even). I could not do this because they were sold out of the sweater I wanted to exchange for a different. size. I chose an item that was the same sale price as the sweater, but could not exchange it because the retail price was different. Boston store and others allow returns and exchanges at any register. I was not about to wait for an hour to exchange a $13 item. Why shop Kohl's? I have closed my Kohl's charge and will never shop there again!

Ba

Comments

• Su
      28th of Dec, 2010

Stealth Pilot sure sounds like the typical Kohl's shopper. Trashy store and trash customers. Yuck, I will never set foot in Kohl's again.

29th of Dec, 2010

SP, I bet you are a nasty lesbo who only showers once a month. Keep your trashy comments to yourself you freak.

29th of Dec, 2010

Oh my goodness...another ### alert! A stupid new ### has surfaced and her name is *Brenda*

29th of Dec, 2010

Wow...yet another stupid ###! Hi JDH! Thanks for spreading your sunshine.

29th of Dec, 2010

No wonder SP is such a skanky ###. I just read about her home town Rosebud, SD... sure sounds like paradise. I'm amazed that they have electricity much less internet access. Sounds like a perfect location for low-end retailers like Kohl's.

29th of Dec, 2010

Welcome to the newest stupid ###, Anita! Hope all of you fugly gals have fun with your ridiculous ### session. I've got better things to do. *BYE* xxooo

• Bi
      1st of Jan, 2011

Super Smart Consumer is the only person (besides me) who is making any sense here. SP and *Brenda* -- have fun bumping tacos tonight! Happy new year ###!!

• Ka
      8th of Jan, 2011

Kohl's ADVERTIZES their "EASY to Return "policies and this shopper is correct (I worked there) There Is NO customer service, Your calls go to floor associates who have to run all over the store to look for items because they don't have any kind of inventory system. Customer service is bogged down with returns and usually only 1 or 2 people working there.

• Ai
      22nd of Jan, 2011

Oh, gosh, I can't imagine. Waiting to return something after Christmas. Go figure.

And not being able to return at the registers. Huh. Would you look at that.

Kohl's return policy is one of the most lenient I've heard of. I can't believe you're upset because you had to wait. What are you, the only person left on earth? Grow up.

Do you know why you can't return things at the registers? Because we don't keep the cash up there to refund every customer who walks through our door. How stupid would you have to be to do that?

And do you know why we don't take even exchanges on the sale price? Because if we did that, you could exchange a $13 item for a $130 item. It's not an even exchange if you're getting something more expensive out of the deal. If you're a smart shopper and hit the clearance racks, you could exchange it for the clearance items. The price marked on a clearance item is the price we go by. You know. The one that's like $7.20.

In hindsight? I'm thrilled you won't be coming back. I'm sure you threw a temper tantrum at the store, and caused a big scene...and yelled at a cashier who was just doing their job. Why don't you go work a year in retail, then come back and review your complaint.

• Sp
      22nd of Mar, 2011

Wow, guys relax... k?
    The lines are long because Kohl's return policy is the MOST OPEN AND WILLING POLICY IN RETAIL.
    They will return ANYTHING YOU BRING THEM, ANYYYYYTTTHIIING!!!
    Trust me, I worked in returns and had to be removed because I had a fight a day. Ok, ok, I know, but try this one on for size...
    You work for a store that allows UNDERWEAR to be returned... do you think we have washing machines to clean them? They put it RIGHT BACK ON THE FLOOR. Ok, heres another example. I once returned a GEORGE FOREMAN grill which stank to high heaven of beef, and when I opened it it had baked on beef burger on the grill, clearly had been used for over a year, and may or may not have been purchased there because our customer had no receipt. Ok, so we offer to TAKE IT OFF YOUR HANDS, with a smile and offer you money for something you bought in '07 from Sears. THEN you complain its not enough, thats its not in DOLLAR form and didn't even bother to RINSE, I mean, just a rinse or something. Its so disrespectful and annoying, but our policy allows it. So now you have a complaining customer who is yelling and cursing your name and asking for a manager while ignoring the (20 you say?) other customers waiting for over 15 for you to be a cheap sonuva[censored]! MIND YOU, only ONE person per shift at a time!!! DON'T YOU DARE TAKE IT OUT ON THE POOR ASSOCIATES, Because all in all the managers should be the ones who get the brunt of your blows. WE KNOW YOU'RE WAITING, we don't want you to. A regular, nice customer with even a complicated return should take no more than 4 minutes tops. And thats with the explanation of funds being returned and all. You were just on a line, probably filled with weekend-only customers, who wait til the last second of their free weekend time and are aggravated because they had kids, or something, and have no life. Don't return on weekends, EVER, don't wait til nighttime either. If you constantly are made to wait, GIVE IT TO THE MANAGER, but don't wait IRATE in a line and yell and scream for a store manager when you can just yell and scream at the store manager, the ones who do NOT value time, but credit cards instead!!!

• Ka
      28th of Jun, 2011

AMEN spazzomatic. I've worked at Kohl's for 5 years in Customer Service. More than likely, that associate behind the desk has been back there for 4+hours withOUT a break and/or withOUT backup and has had to listen to one sob story after another. The Kohl's return policy is the most lenient return policy I've ever heard of and you want to complain because you had to wait in a line to do a return? Go figure. People love the fact that they can return anything at Kohl's. That explains the piled up line. We bend over backwards for our customers, especially when it comes to the return policy. Next time, try the freakin sweater on before you purchase it to avoid having to return it at all. Simple.