Kmart Stores / refund on a faulty product

1 Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Review updated:

HI
I am following up on a complaint I submitted last week,
just over a week ago I purchased a Vacuum cleaner from your Knox store, I paid via eftpos, once I got it home and opened the box I realised that the casing was cracked as well as the handle, I took it back the same day, the person behind the counter asked If I wanted a replacement, which I did, he then gave me a slip of paper called an E voucher, he told me to take it to the register with my new cleaner and that will allow me to take the new one in exchange, once I got home and used it twice, I realised that it was faulty, kept switching off and the cable return button didn't work every time, the following Saturday ( last weekend) I took it to your Stud park store as it was convenient for me that day, when I took it in and explained that it didn't work, they said that they could only give me an E voucher in return, as I didn't want a third cleaner, even though I paid for the original one via eftpos they refused to refund my money, this is so frustrating as now I have to spend more money on another vacuum cleaner from a reputable store and have an E voucher that I am not going to use, is this the way you force people to become customers, by making sure they can only spend the voucher in your store?,
Why was I given an E Voucher in the first place, all I wanted was a replacement cleaner?, was this purely to trick people into having to spend money against their will in Kmart?
As you can imagine, I am very frustrated, as now I have had to purchase another cleaner and wasted $99 in your store. !!!
Do you staff members get paid commission on making unsuspecting people take E vouchers ?

Ma
Nov 6, 2018

Comments

• Km
      7th of Nov, 2018

This is the wrong place to fill a complaint. Kmart does not operate this website. this website is basically a review board like yelp, except here you only provide negative reviews not positive. its an amusing website for people who like to here negative shopping or business experiences. Yours really doesn't amuse me though.