Kiwi.com / beware kiwi.com - very poor customer service

1 Brno, Czech Republic, United States Review updated:

I have had huge problems trying to cancel/refund a booking. (made May 12th)

I made a booking in error (that was my fault), and immediately tried to cancel the booking. I contacted Kiwi.com within minutes of the booking, after trying unsuccessfully to stop the purchase through my credit card company.

I explained to the customer service representative what had happened, and that I did not want the ticket. He agreed to look into the matter, and see if the flights could be cancelled before they were confirmed by the airlines. He asked to keep me on hold for a few minutes, and would then get back to me.

For some reason, the connection was lost and I had to call back Kiwi. Eventually, I talked to another customer service agent who told me that they were looking into it, and would send me an email in 2-4 hours explaining the state of my booking. I accepted this, and went to sleep.

In the morning, no email had arrived and so I again called Kiwi.
I was then told that they had cancelled all the flights, but did not know whether I would get a refund. The total for the flights was over $2000.

This was unacceptable. I explicitly asked to be informed of the status of the flights, and what was involved in cancelling the flights (ie, how much it might incur); if the cost was too high, then it would be better to keep the flights, despite the problems. Kiwi.com should not be cancelling flights without the consent of customers.

Now, after 5 more days, I still have heard anything from Kiwi.com, and do not know whether I will get the money back. This seems entirely unreasonable.

Kiwi.com seems to be fine when nothing goes wrong, and there are no unexpected events. But as soon as a problem arises, they're complete lack of customer service is apparent.

Aj
May 17, 2018

Comments

• Fl
      19th of May, 2018

No description of the service or fault of the service (trip ID, e-mail, names, flight numbers, air carrier, class, etc) are attached. Useless words total.

• Aj
      21st of May, 2018

"Flight Safety" appears to be a poster paid to discredit ordinary people with legitimate complaints.

The itinerary:

New York City (JFK) Wed, Aug 22, 2018

19:00

Airline: Icelandair

Mr. Lam,
    I was not paid for any post. I did not try to "discredit"' anyone. It is impossible without a valid ID (full name at least).
    After you entered all information about the flight, it means that you have privided facts about the services, which had paid for. Now it is clear for you.

Now about your claim on merits.
    In order to get a refund or the compensation, anyone needs to submit an effective legal complaint
    You did not, according to your above words.
    Clear?
    1. To cancel the reservation without all conditions of the ticket = to lose a chance to get a refund.
    2. You faced with a partial refusal of the services

My business is the submission of the complains and negotiations with the fault party.
    I charge 20% from the sum of the outcome.
    If you want to get a refund using my services kindly SEND:
    - each e-ticket
    - each your additinal expence
    - your so called public complaint with the attachment
    - if you want to get money back to the same credit card, by which you had paid for the e-tickets,
    - your main data

After the receipt and your simple request in teh form "i allow you to act on my behalf"

Note, It can take 2-3 months to get a refund ether in the form of money
    or in the form of vouchers, using all possible legal methods (law & diffrent mean sof the communications ).
    Otherwise you need to submit documents to the court.

I will give my details, company account, my diffrent legal e-mail
    after you had submitted your documents in full in order to process with the complaints for the compensation in your favor.

Regards,
    aryan@vivaldi.net

NB.
    *** add your kiwi ID in order to get the above trip only in the e-mail ***
    I do not need full data and other ID about you