Kirby / Lying about pay

1 19129 Smokey Point Blvd, Arlington, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 360-659-8117

Was told we would get paid training. Was told we would get weekly paychecks. Was told that I would never have to go door-to-door because I was a sales rep and the canvassers would be doing that job.
Lies, all of it. I worked for them for 9 straight days (including the 5 days of "paid" training) the last 3 of which were 14 hour days. We were all forced to knock on doors well into the evening. Being forced to knock doors all night in the cold and rain made me sick, so I was out for a few days, then decided that it wasnt worth going back when I was told that I wasnt going to be paid for training, and that I also wouldnt be getting a comission check for the $3, 000 Kirby vacuum I had sold. Needless to say this company is a whole lotta BS and I dont recommend anyone going to work for them.

Comments

• Th
      28th of May, 2013

read your contract...you're a contractor, not an employee...basically self employed...if you don't do your job as it states in detail on the contract, you don't get paid...you get paid based on the customer's credit even if you sold it high, it probably was a bad credit deal, so you get no money off of that...however, you did have a bad trainer who obviously lied about the job...great company, horrible trainer