Kenmore — kenmore oven fries electronic control board
We own a Kenmore Elite Gas Range, model 790.[protected]. I believe this stove has a design flaw. At the back of the stove top, there is an oven vent that channels hot air from the oven up into the stove control panel area that is located at the back of the stove top. We had to replace the control board several years ago when the heat from this oven vent fried the control board electronics resulting in unusual behaviors, such as locking the door, sounding an alarm and turning off the oven, refusing to start the oven, etc. The same problem has again occurred, leaving me no other cost effective alternative but to shell out yet ANOTHER $185 for another control panel since our stove is not under warranty and since I cannot find any record of a class action lawsuit for this model.
Anybody else having this problem?
More Kenmore Complaints & Reviews
- Kenmore Oven - beware! don't burn your house! 
- Kenmore / Power Miser - sears's faulty product 
- Kenmore Refrigerator - kenmore refrigerator causes house fire 
- Kenmore Elite Trio Refrigerator - no cold air in freezer 
- Kenmore Elite Dishwasher - do not buy kenmore products! 
- Kenmore - kenmore elite model 795.74043.412
- Kenmore Vacuum Cleaner - vacuum keep shrading the belt
- Kenmore - discoloration between burner and stove top! 
- Kenmore/Whirpool Refrigerator - liner getting cracked in less then 2 years
- Kenmore Whispertone Canister - hose replace