Kay Jewelers / sku [protected] 10yg diamond necklace
This necklace was a 30th wedding anniversary gift, purchased June 2016 costing my husband $566.
In April 2018 it was brought back to the Kay store he purchased it at complaining about discoloration. He was told that "inadequate care" aka: perfume, hair spray, sweat were most likely the causes. So, in order to fix the issue it would cost $44.99 + tax to have it cleaned. He agreed with protest, and now this necklace is up to $600.
Today I opened the box FOR THE FIRST TIME since the "cleaning", and what do you know it's discolored again!!!
So now what am I going to be told about "inadequate care"! I am not driving back to the store only to be told to spend more money. I certainly expect better quality for $600.
If nothing can be done with this piece, then I would expect to be able to trade this necklace in for one of the same value.
I should also say that my husband has chosen Kay for several other gifts to me in the past without issue.
I am anxious to hear your resolution. Thank you.
More Kay Jewelers Complaints & Reviews
- Kay Jewelers - fraudulent company 
- Kay Jewelers - ruined engagement ring 
- Kay Jewelers - switched diamonds 
- Kay Jewelers - mislead! 
- Kay Jewelers - they are the worst 
- Kay Jewelers - terrible customer service store/management
- Kay Jewelers - product not received after mistake on kay jewelers behalf
- Kay Jewelers - getting signed up for a credit card without knowing
- Kay Jewelers - jewelry warranty
- Kay Jewelers - they lost my band