Kay Jewelers / scam and cheating
My husband bought me a Diamond and emerald bracelet from there. Ee bought the extended warranty since I wore it daily. Of course I broke it and took it to be repaired there. They said 'since it hasn't even been 2/3rds of a yr I'll just give you a new one'. He took one out of the showcase and gave it to me. I also left my diamond and emerald ear rings to have the 'o-rings' changed due to general ware so that I didn't loose them. He quoted me '$300.00 at most'. I said okay and went home.
After looking over the bracelet I noticed that it had been repaired already and was not 'new', as in straight from manufacturer in perfect order. It also had some scratches that could have indicated that it had already been worn. I let it slide since mine would have been repaired in the same manner.
I got a call a couple weeks later saying that my earrings were ready for pick. They wanted to charge me around $300+ for the repair. we explained the quote. She said that they reset the stones so that was why it was so much. We explained that we didn't want that work done, so she said ' I can lower it some but I'll still have to charge you $50. We paid-yes it was stupid to do so. I looked at my earrings the other day and one of the o-rings had not even been repaired.
More Kay Jewelers Complaints & Reviews
- Kay Jewelers - fraudulent company 
- Kay Jewelers - ruined engagement ring 
- Kay Jewelers - switched diamonds 
- Kay Jewelers - mislead! 
- Kay Jewelers - they are the worst 
- Kay Jewelers - item purchased and has been for repair 5-times already, item is covered under an extended warranty
- Kay Jewelers - in store customer service
- Kay Jewelers - poor quality engagement ring
- Kay Jewelers - repairs
- Kay Jewelers - refusal to pay for engagement ring that never arrived