Kay Jewelers / scam and cheating

1250 S Hover St #65Longmont, CO, United States Review updated:
My husband bought me a Diamond and emerald bracelet from there. Ee bought the extended warranty since I wore it daily. Of course I broke it and took it to be repaired there. They said 'since it hasn't even been 2/3rds of a yr I'll just give you a new one'. He took one out of the showcase and gave it to me. I also left my diamond and emerald ear rings to have the 'o-rings' changed due to general ware so that I didn't loose them. He quoted me '$300.00 at most'. I said okay and went home.

After looking over the bracelet I noticed that it had been repaired already and was not 'new', as in straight from manufacturer in perfect order. It also had some scratches that could have indicated that it had already been worn. I let it slide since mine would have been repaired in the same manner.

I got a call a couple weeks later saying that my earrings were ready for pick. They wanted to charge me around $300+ for the repair. we explained the quote. She said that they reset the stones so that was why it was so much. We explained that we didn't want that work done, so she said ' I can lower it some but I'll still have to charge you $50. We paid-yes it was stupid to do so. I looked at my earrings the other day and one of the o-rings had not even been repaired.
Va

Comments

St
  24th of Nov, 2008
I am hoping these awful things do not happen to me...I took my engagement ring in for the biannual inspection and they found a loose stone and took it in. Also at the same time, my fiance bought my wedding ring and we sent that in with it. Promised date is tomorrow and you better believe if it isn't back (this would be the second time it is late) I'm going to have it with them about making promises they can't keep. Not to mention I have had the ring less than a year and it already needs repairs? Shoddy craftsmanship??
Go
  24th of Feb, 2009
It is unfortunate that we see so many consumers of this company ending up on the proverbial 'short-end.' These circumstances are NOT coincidental, in my estimation. Consumers are wary when they consider other areas of life fraught with peril, such as real estate or financial services. There are trustworthy jewelers; Indeed, many, if not most, want repeat business. However, the more that I investigate of this dismal chain, the more sad stories I hear. Poor quality goods at 'affordable' prices; the hawking of credit on a constant basis; the fabrication about 'much needed repairs', which are then poorly rendered; the callous indifference to the customers' rights and even sensibilities. They are, as the old song goes 'A Must to Avoid.'

Kay Jewelers Logo Kay Jewelers