Kay Jewelers / rip off
I went to Kay Jewelers at Eastview Mall in Victor NY to purchase a $300 wedding band for my husband (to replace an older one that was beat up...) While there I had my Original Engagement Diamond ring ($1000 20 years ago) and Anniversary Ring ($4100 8 years ago) cleaned. These were purchased from a real Jewelry store Not Kay.
After cleaning and examining them, they said that All the diamonds were loose in both rings and recommended that they get tightened and can be shipped out with the sizing of the new purchased ring and they would all return the same time. Fell for it!!! 10 days later stopped in only to find out that the shipment was lost by their carrier UPS. They offered a store credit for equal or lesser... (you get the picture).
My Husband went to the store and furiously demanded the total value in cash ($5100 plus tax, not including appreciation value) to no avail. He called customer service and they repeated the store policy of equal or lesser value credit (you get the picture).
They were Negligent, I get to pick 5100 worth of there crap jewelry, and they get a Full Insurance claim out of the deal… Lesson learned, “never" let your Sentimental Jewelry out of your sight, and certainly never let them talk you into shipping it anywhere without a retainer from them for the Full appraisal value. Husband is speaking with an Attorney and considering taking them to court on Principle.
More Kay Jewelers Complaints & Reviews
- Kay Jewelers - fraudulent company 
- Kay Jewelers - ruined engagement ring 
- Kay Jewelers - switched diamonds 
- Kay Jewelers - mislead! 
- Kay Jewelers - they are the worst 
- Kay Jewelers - employees awful customer service.
- Kay Jewelers - in store treatment
- Kay Jewelers - 3 stones fell out of my engagement ring 3 separate times within 4 months.
- Kay Jewelers - neil lane wedding set
- Kay Jewelers - engagement ring worst experience