Kanes Furniture / Customer Service

1 Ocala, FL, United States Review updated:

I picked out a discontinued bedroom set in the store and then added another current dresser to go with the set. I called and arranged for someone to come down and pick the set up being they do not deliver discontinued furniture. I asked the sales person if they could start getting the set ready to load as time was an issue. She told me that she could not do anything until the set was paid for. Well the credit card to pay for the set was coming with the truck that was going to pick the furniture up. We then noticed another salesman going over to the set. My sales person went and told him it was sold to me. He ignored her and rang up the sale to his customer. I called for the store manager who told me that the set was already sold. Now the set had not been sold 5 minutes before that, and I was told that she could not put a sold or hold sign on the furniture. Then I was told that they would check some other stores to see if they had the set. I was informed that none of the Kane's showrooms had the furniture. So basically they sold the furniture out from underneath me while I was standing in the store.
The next day I drove to Orlando and found the same exact set for sale in the first store I stopped in and again in the Orange Blossom Trail stroe. I called the corporate office and emailed with my complaint.

Christine Ball responded after a few days and apoligized for the whole episode. The manager at the OBT store agreed to sell me the set he had for the same price that the Ocala store had agreed to. The problem with this was that the headboard on his set was damaged. When I spoke to him directly he said I had to come to Orlando to work out the deal. So this was going to mean another trip to Orlando, (80 miles one way), to agree to a price and yet another trip to pick up furniture that they would not transfer between stores.

I finally gave up on the whole thing, found a set of Jamestown Sterlingworth furniture that is solid cherry, on Craigs list and bought it for $175.00. The furniture at Kanes was going to come to $700.00, and it was pressed wood. I thought the issue with Kanes was dead, until today when I received the following email from Christine Ball, the customer service rep. at Kanes corporate office:

Hey you…was going through my emails cleaning up the folders and ran across this. Guess he never came in to buy this. He made such a stink about it and never bought anything. JERK!

Christine Ball
Kanes Furniture Corporation
Corporate Customer Service
[protected] ext 247

This is how Kanes treats customer from the corporate level on down. I don't know if she really did mean to send the email to me or just to the store manager in Orlando, ethier way they lost a sale any future business from me or any of my family and friends.

Comments

• Co
      19th of Oct, 2015

My husband and I purchased a 3 piece bonded white sectional sofa with the Kanes lifetime guarantee. In one year it began to deteriorate and rot. Kanes told me that I could have 40% off on a new sofa. Who are they kidding? They already have my money for a sofa that is trashed that they didn't stand behind and now they want more of my good money for more product that they won't stand behind. Kanes needs to look at what some others have done when in same position. Lexus found themselves in the same situation where they had a faulty product and instead of running and sticking their customers with a bad product they came clean and made good on it. For that reason, I will ALWAYS be a loyal Lexus fan because of their honesty and the fact that that they have integrity. Kanes is very short sighted in not making good on their bad product, no matter who is to blame.

• Tr
      25th of Jan, 2016

I will never pay anything at Kanes again in Ocala fl. I brought a discount bed brought a new dresser and night stand with the bed. Went to king to pick up bed don't get the head or foot board. They don't tell me that they don't have the side rails had to wait two more weeks, they had my furniture for weeks never checked any thing. Ok they called me for the rails get the rails no center brackets to hold your mattress I quess the floor will hold my mattress

• Ju
      6th of Feb, 2018

This is 1 of the few review's that I have seen being very positive, 5 years ago we purchased a leather sectional couch from the West colonial store Orlando, we had a very knowledgeable sales Person Azzam Aziz who told us that it was guaranteed for life.
    Well 5 years later 1 of the recliners developed a sag in the middle
    so we went to Kane's explained the problem and within 1 week we had one of the best customer service Tech's that we have encountered he fixed the problem in under 1 hour and was very polite and loved his job. Told us that he always made sure the customer was always happy.( unfortunately I don't remember his name) it was on 1-31-18 I would highly recommend Kane's #1 in customer satisfaction. We will use them for the bedroom set that we are about to purchase