Just Brakes / Terrible experience
I called Just Brakes on 11/09/08 to get estimate for replacing brakes on my 2003 BMW X5. The rep. introduced himself as Bo-J and said it would cost $99 plus. He said to drop the car for an estimate. So, I dropped my car there and after 45 minutes he called me saying to come by and check to see what needs to be done. He wouldn't discuss the price on the phone. When I got there my car was on the lift with all four wheels off. His mechanic proceeded to show me that the boots on the front axle were torn and leaking oil. This seemed obscured since I just took the car to Honest-1 Auto a few week earlier for a brake inspection and they didn't mention anything about the boots being torn. Also the car was inspected at BMW dealership a few months ago! I just wanted to get the cheapest estimate available to replace the front brakes. My car has only 45K miles. It's highly unlikely that the axle boots would be torn like that. I think Just Brakes tore them! They wanted to charge me $550 to replace them. Also, they said I need fix the calipers because the piston is sticking. The cost = $220. Also, Bo-J said I need to replace both front and rear pads and rotors. The cost = $430. The grand total coming to $1200. What a Ripoff! I was furious. I told him to put the car back together and I am taking it somewhere else. He tried to convince me to fix it there because they would charge much less than the dealership. Upon leaving I told him that he'll hear from my attorney.
More Just Brakes Complaints & Reviews
- Just Brakes - royal ripoff - stay clear: A MUST READ 
- Just Brakes - Bad business 
- Just Brakes - Fraud and cheating 
- Just Brakes - Bunch of Liars 
- Just Brakes Snellville, GA - Really Bad Business Ethics 
- Just Brakes - customer service
- Just Brakes - brake service
- Just Brakes - Store number 650 fort pierce fl.
- Just Brakes - theft from vehicle while being serviced
- Just Brakes - They Crashed my vehicle while in their care