Just Brakes / Terrible experience

I called Just Brakes on 11/09/08 to get estimate for replacing brakes on my 2003 BMW X5. The rep. introduced himself as Bo-J and said it would cost $99 plus. He said to drop the car for an estimate. So, I dropped my car there and after 45 minutes he called me saying to come by and check to see what needs to be done. He wouldn't discuss the price on the phone. When I got there my car was on the lift with all four wheels off. His mechanic proceeded to show me that the boots on the front axle were torn and leaking oil. This seemed obscured since I just took the car to Honest-1 Auto a few week earlier for a brake inspection and they didn't mention anything about the boots being torn. Also the car was inspected at BMW dealership a few months ago! I just wanted to get the cheapest estimate available to replace the front brakes. My car has only 45K miles. It's highly unlikely that the axle boots would be torn like that. I think Just Brakes tore them! They wanted to charge me $550 to replace them. Also, they said I need fix the calipers because the piston is sticking. The cost = $220. Also, Bo-J said I need to replace both front and rear pads and rotors. The cost = $430. The grand total coming to $1200. What a Ripoff! I was furious. I told him to put the car back together and I am taking it somewhere else. He tried to convince me to fix it there because they would charge much less than the dealership. Upon leaving I told him that he'll hear from my attorney.

Comments

25th of Dec, 2008

• Ti
      22nd of Jan, 2009

The bait and switched $99.88 plus plus plus

I went into Just Brakes on 12/23/08 and the price qoute that they had given me was $1207.00 to complete all the so call work that needed to be done on my vechile. I was not truly advised about the hidden prices that this company have. I have a major problem with this company and hidden prices.
    1. Nowhere was it posted or told to me before my car was taking apart I was only told that they needed to get in there and see what was going on. In reality this cost $40.00.
    2. The brakes that they buy are from Advance Auto Parts for $23.29 but resold for 102.50. THIS IS HIGHWAY ROBBERY.
    The $99.88 was suppose to cover brakes all around but after pricing the parts for myself it was cheaper to buy the brakes myself and have someone else to put them on for a friction of the price. After having another mechanic look at mybraking system again. They have found so many problem to the point where I am going to trade my car because the repairs are too much for me.

The $99.88 was only putting money into there pockets and not reapairing what was wrong.

As long as I have breathe in my body I will never use Just Brakes again or ever refer a friend to this company. They broke my care. The all time low point was when the manager told me that if I was to have anyone else to do anything towards my brakes system that my warranty will be voided. I DON'T CARE ABOUT IT BEING VOIDED I AM NEVER GOING BACK TO THAT COMPANY NO MATTER WHERE IT IS LOCATED.

• Du
      18th of Feb, 2009

On February 16, 2009, I went to Just Brakes in Stockbridge Georgia, because the highly attractive advertisement promised customers $99.98 brake job for both front and rear brake pads! Upon completion of the inspection, the Manager told me that they only carried the front pads for my 2004 Toyota Highlander, and that the rear pads were a 'specialty' pad, since they did not have them in stock and charged me an extra $88+ to have their 'source' deliver them to the shop. To my surprise, other Just Brakes locations carried the same brake pads in question. Ironically, another customer came in behind me with a 2001 Toyota Highlander, so while the manager was away, I warned him of their devious tactics. In addition, both the manager and the mechanic tried to get me to cough up an extra $788 for a brake fluid flush, rear rotors and from calipers. Oh, and did I mention that prior to this, Toyota changed my oil conducted a full complimentary inspection of my brakes and rotors and advised that I ONLY needed pads - nothing else. I have the inspectors signature to that effect. The only reason why I went to Just Brakes is because it would of course be cheaper than Toyota fixing the brakes. In conclusion, stay away from the Just Brakes shady mechanics and managers because what they'll tell you is JUST CRAP!!!

• Ju
      29th of Aug, 2014

Thank you for the feedback. We apologize for the delay in responding to your concern. Just Brakes was not made aware of this website until just now. We are also under new management. At Just Brakes we strive for 100% customer satisfaction and appreciate feedback that will help us achieve that goal. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied and would like to hear more from you. Please contact our corporate office at 1-800-445-7105 to be connected with the local Market Director. We look forward to serving you.