Joss & MainNo delivery

Spent ages agonising over a piece of furniture and eventually decided on a quite expensive one from Joss & Main. Got the confirmation and gave a delivery date so I took a day off to make sure I was at home to receive it. On the day I checked the tracking and saw there was a delay but as it was not specific so I called them for more details. I was then told they had cancelled my order because the item was "too heavy to ship" for their courier. What a ridiculous situation. They said they had e-mailed me but no sign of that (how likely is that???). They said they were very sorry but nothing they could do. No real apology or attempt to sort something else out - in this day of parcels moving all over the world I can't believe it is beyond the wit of man, or a company that cares at least a little about its customers, that they could not sort something out.

So we are left very disappointed and angry that they could not care less and did not even tell us in advance so I wasted a day at home. All together very shoddy experience and will never be using them again and I suggest anyone else is very wary as they may take your money and then decide they don't want to sell it.

Ma
Jan 28, 2015

Comments

• Jr
      Mar 20, 2013
    Joss & Main - Policy claims to refund if item not shipped. This is untrue.
    Joss & Main
    Crestview
    Florida
    Phone: [protected]

I ordered an item on march 18, 2013. It was to be shipped the first week of April or so. Ton march19, 2013 I called to cancel since it had. Not shipped. They were not willing to do that even though their policy is to refund if the item has not shipped.

• Gt
      Jun 11, 2013
    Joss & Main - Will not allow cancellation 3 weeks prior to shipping date
    Joss & Main
    New York

I attempted to cancel an order which wasn't going to be shipped for another 2-3 weeks and they refused. That has to be illegal! It's certainly a scam, along with their no returns policy, on home decor where color, texture, etc are so important? I dont think so! DO NOT SHOP with JOSS & MAIN.