Jitterbug / inacurate information/service

1 CO, United States Review updated:

The sales department was great. Abraham in Carlsbad CA. The service was horrible. I was put on hold for 30 min. The staff was rude. No one could answer my questions. They always needed to go to a "higher source". Since I travel out of country for work and often turn off service while I'm gone. Abraham assured me that all I had to do on my return was pay a $35.00 reactivation fee which I agreed to do. After two days of new active service I put the phone on hold. I paid the full phone charge. I called upon my return and Jitterbug informed me that I had to return the unit to Detroit, MI (from Colorado) and wait for the phone to be returned before I could use the equipment.
I have trusted AARP for referrals; no longer. I have now canceled my AARP membership. I'm reporting Jitterbug to BBB. I plan to send the "word", in every manner possible, that Jitterbug is a mistake. I mean aggravation.

Pi

Comments

• Su
      20th of Dec, 2010

My name is Sue Weaver, and I’m the VP of Customer Service at GreatCall, creators of the Jitterbug cellphone and service. I saw your post today and hoped I could personally discuss your concerns with you.

We apologize that you encountered these issues, and I’d like to learn more from you about your experience so that we can resolve for you and in the future. If you would like to discuss with me, you may contact me at your convenience at 760-602-6700 and ask to speak with Sue Weaver.

• Tr
      2nd of Jan, 2011

Why didn't you read this website first before buying a Jitterbug phone? http://jitterbugcellphonescamsseniors.blogspot.com/