Jiffy Lube Lisle / ruined my explorer
I had taken my car in to Jiffy Lube for an oil change. When I arrived, my Ford Explorer was running just fine. When I left, it was immediately making noises and the check engine light was on. I drove a short distance away, and turned around to come and bring it back to them. While en route, the engine on my Explorer seized.
Coasted in to a CarX parking lot (yes the irony is not lost on me) where one of their mechanics came out to look at it, through the blue smoke pouring out of my engine and from inside the oil basin.
I called Jiffy Lube, who sent out a manager to look at it, and pour more oil into the system, which after 3-4 quarts, began pouring right back out the bottom. At which point he gave my wife and I a ride back to the Jiffy Lube shop. The route back passed along my route out, so I purposefully watched, and there were no oil slicks or spills or trails. At Jiffy Lube, there was no large puddle of oil.
Jiffy Lube gave me the run around, and ended up towing my vehicle to a repair shop over 20 miles away from me, without it's oil filter for some reason. Their 'independant inspector' who was supposed to remain unbiased, never once attempted to contact me and speak regarding the issue. Firmly in Jiffy Lube's pocket.
Jiffy Lube has stated that the problem is a gasket seal, near the oil pan. The oil pan, which retains almost 2 quarts of oil in it, even with this broken seal, which is sufficient to keep a car's engine functioning.
I've tried to speak with Jiffy Lube, and district managers from Hartland who actually owns the facility, and was informed that they have no fear of any recourse on the issue. That it was not their fault and they can prove it, though they have not been able to provide any evidence to back that up.
More Jiffy Lube Lisle Complaints & Reviews
- Jiffy Lube - failure to honor warranty
- Jiffy Lube #1461 - $577 a/c damages complaint - no response
- Jiffy Lube - Deceptive statements 
- Jiffy Lube - Now I have a car with no engine sitting in a lot! 
- Jiffy Lube - rip off 
- Jiffy Lube International - poor/rude customer service
- Jiffy Lube International - overcharged for putting on a spare tire
- Jiffy Lube International - service
- Jiffy Lube International - oil change at san fernando california
- Jiffy Lube International - money stolen from my car at jiffy lube