JFK Airport / Theft

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

We dropped our luggage off, where we were told to drop them off by the security. We dropped them off at JFK. We were travelling to Brussels, with a stop at Dublin.

When we arrived at Brussels, after over 9 hours travelling, we got our bags, to find that they had been opened, and things had been stolen.

We bought 2 pairs of Ugg boots, and a pair of Minnetonka boots. They were brand new. We had them for exactly 1 day. We put them in a bag, not a suitcase, but an ordinary travel bag. We had put a lock around the zipper, so that it couldn't be opened.

When we got our bags, the lock was gone, as were our 3 pairs of boots.

They were stolen at JFK airport, and there is no way possible that nobody knew that this was going on.

You can't even trust security. They are willing to look the other way, if you give them some money..

We lost $ 560 worth of boots.

This is just a small thing, but if they are willing to look the other way for this, who knows what else is going on in the "secured area"..

All I know is that my trust in JFK airport and in security, is exactly where my boots are.. GONE !!

Dy

Comments

• Gs
      18th of Jan, 2012

A padlock of my suitcase was cut off, suitcase was opened and my Samsung camera just has gone. I found out this as soon as arrived to Las Vegas on 14.01.2012. Flight
    DL 1729. The worst airport I have ever visited.

• Ji
      15th of Aug, 2012

We have just arrived home from a lovely honeymoon from mexico & new york to find 3 t shirts ( superdry ) presents have been removed form our bag ... Its disappointing ...
    jill ( scotland )

• Ba
      4th of Jan, 2013
    Sandwich Heaven - Made mistake
    Sandwich Heaven

I was in JFK airport when I decided to buy a sandwich from Sandwich Heaven. I saw the little sign that said 7.69. I told the cashier that she charged me extra, and then she rudely told me it was plus tax, which made no sense to me. I took the receipt and then pointed out the mistake.

• Yo
      29th of Sep, 2015

JFK needs to call a meeting with all their employees ..I asked question, trying to find out where to find a terminal and no one could tell me where to go...they were so busy on their cell phone.. finally i went outside to the parking lot and an atendent give me directions where to go.

• Re
      15th of Aug, 2018
    JFK - Immigration
    Philadelphia
    Pennsylvania

Im a citizen, my husband is a resident. I'm standing in this unmoving line with my husband for US residents forever! Why do you only have 2 officers in the US citizens and residents line?! We haven't moved in an hour!

June 24, 2018. JFK is the absolute worst!

• Va
      14th of Oct, 2018
    John F. Kennedy International Airport / JFK Airport - Curtis Desir

I am complaining to say you have a thief on your hand Don't trust him he can steal . He still my laptop .

• Lu
      27th of Oct, 2018
    John F. Kennedy International Airport / JFK Airport - Welcome center is so bad
    Brazil

The Latin attendant is so mean and she isn't willing to help you. She shouted at me for no reason. The service is so [censored] that I don't even know why you created a welcome center.