Jetblue Airways / customer service rep and supervisor

1 United States

This is our first time flying jet blue. We are a person of size. We are use to flying southwest where we let them know at the counter and they give us a reserve pass to place in the seat between us at no charge. We assumed this was the same way on jet blue. After reading your guidelines on your website https://help.jetblue.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/webcgi.exe?St=61, e=[protected], k=2231, sxi=13, case=obj (1823). We see we needed to call the number listed to reserve the extra seat and as stated there would be a change fee since we did not do this during booking. When I called I was speaking to your rep cordell which proceeded to tell me this wasn't southwest airlines and there is a charge for this seat. It clearly states we would be charged a change fee but not for the extra seat. He became very disrespectful and told me I was not understanding. We fly all of the time and are not first timers except to your company. He treated me as if because I am over weight do to an issue he knows nothing about that I did not deserve the respect of a paying customer. I asked to speak to his supervisor. He responded that there was no reason for me to speak to a supervisor. It took everything I had to not say what I was thinking and to keep my composure. I have never been treated like this ever. I demanded to speak to his supervisor. He told me he would discuss this and bring his supervisor up to speed on our conversation before I could speak to her. Trying to intimidate me I suppose. When supposedly his supervisor belinda got on the phone I told her how disrespectful he was and she just said sorry about that in a nonchalant way. She said we would have to pay for the seat and it clearly does not say that. It says there will be no charge for the seat just a change fee. She argued about it and then said let me check on this. Put me on hold again, which I felt as if her and cordell were just laughing about keeping me on hold again. I found this first experience to be very discriminating and disrespect. Instead of helping our first experience go smoothly. It has turned into a high anxiety stressful christmas trip. I feel there needs to be a huge training class for your customer service team. Never argue disrespectfully with a customer. I if there is indeed a charge for the seat, your site need to be more clear. I find this to be false advertisement. You don't know that person. Yes, overweight people have a respectful high corporate job as well that use you for their corporate travels. I'm thinking after this experience they will no longer be doing so. As for me and my family going forward we will not be undergoing this experience again. I pray that no other customer has to endure this same experience as we did.

Ba