JC Penney Company / cordless roman shade

1 Lenexa KS, United States

On 12/18/2107 I ordered a set of blinds. I received all of them and installed them. Within less that 2 weeks one of them failed. This is where the horror begins. I place a call to customer service and was on hold for well over an hour. When I finally get someone on the phone, she informs me that she has to contact another department and have them call me back later that day. After 3 days of waiting, I call back. Again, a very long time on hold and finally took the option they offer to leave a number and someone will call me and I will be first in the queue.After 4 hours, I get a call that tells me I am first in line. WRONG! I was on hold for another hour before someone finally responded and said she would trans fer me to someone who could help. Well the call was disconnected. I made another attempt and finally got hold of the right department and was told that I had to purchase another blind and that when I received it, I could send the defective unit back. What an insult! I could believe As I had no other choice I decided to do this. I received the new blind which worked, but when I went to send it back, another bad surprise. I had to pay to ship back a defective item at my expense!!!, to the tune of almost half of what I paid for the blind. No wonder they ad one of the top 5 companies predicted to go out of business this year. I know nothing can be done but I wanted to at least lodge a complaint. Maybe if enough people do this, we can hasten their demise.

Cp