JC Penney / terrible company

I made 3 purchases with JC Penney in the last three months. I spent over $300.00 on pictures of my children and $20.00 in the children's department on clothes. I also reordered more pictures online.

I downloaded my bank statement this afternoon and saw a charge for $9.95 for something called SBS Fun Family Rewards. I googled it and found that this is a program implemented by JC Penney. I have no idea what the program does -- I've received nothing in the mail or email describing it.

No one asked me online or in the store if I wanted to join this program. I never signed anything authorizing any debits from my account. I have contacted the local store and Tom, the Manager, is supposed to call me back tomorrow. No one at the store when I called this evening had heard anything about the program in either the portrait area or the main store.

Li

Comments

• Ba
      13th of May, 2009

you did sign up for it!!... did you really think that 10 dollar coupon was free??

call 1-888-527-6839 they will get you fixed back up...

• Xh
      17th of Jun, 2009

How does this one problem make them a 'terrible company'?

7th of Apr, 2010

My goodness...people are very ignorant. Read the fine print! You DID sign up for it.