Jagex / Customer support

1 Cambridge England, United States Review updated:

tried to appeal my account to reset my email 5 times tonight, gave everything they asked for that i could possibly remember dating all the way back to when i was 13 years old, the only thing i could not give was the isp because i was 13 and my dead grandmothers debit card info which doesn't exist now. I was told the information i gave was not enough even though i have given every password i have used, answered all my recovery questions too the T and gave even more than they asked for. There customer support team is the biggest piece of trash i have ever seen, all they do is tell you to do the obvious bs that you already know and they offer no real support at all. i have played runescape for almost 11 years and have never once felt so belittled and turned down in my life. The entire runescape team used too care about there players and now all of them are a bunch of 20 year olds that could give to craps less about us or the game all they want is our money and too make money. I have loved this game for years and this pushed me too my breaking point, i quit runescape and i suggest you all do the same because when something actually happens and you need help they wont be there for you and you are just crap out of luck.

Je
Nov 1, 2016

Comments

• Ri
      26th of Dec, 2016

Exactly the same happened to me just before Christmas (account was fine one day then locked the next). I've tried to provide all the information I could however some just wasn't possible as I opened my account 12+ years ago also. Sure I should have changed my email address before my previous provider changed to a pay model but it was a simple oversight and sadly I cannot even create a paid account at the moment (registration are closed). What I found comical was the fact they ask you provide extra information in 300 characters. How the hell they expect me to provide all my financial details (which I have back to 2007), all my changes of address (6 in total), etc. is just mind boggling. It is with great sadness that I have now given up and uninstalled the launcher (and 5 attempts to recovery my account). Probably could have gotten this all sorted if I could have spoke to someone for 5 mins (even on a chat session). What miffs me the most is that I still have 3 months of paid membership left but at least I could cancel it so I never have to pay the muppets again.