Jackson Hewitt / lack of training
I worked for Jackson Hewitt for one season as a tax preparer. The training consisted about 30 hours of classroom training doing returns by hand, we never saw a computer during the entire class nor had any explanation of how the software worked.
My first day in the office the manager stated you better start practicing doing returns on the computer and then she left. No instructions or guides on how to use the software. No state return software was loaded in the system for more than a week.
Because I was part-time I was not always present when a return was not accepted by the IRS and no one else in the office would touch it because we were paid a commission. Several of my customers applied for the RAL and had problems with their return not being accepted and all the office did was leave a note on my desk for me to find a few days later (I only worked two days a week). By the time I got the message the customer was steaming mad because the refund they paid hundreds of dollars for never arrived and no one would assist them.
I will never pay for tax preparation because they just hire people off the streets and give them minimal training.
More Jackson Hewitt Complaints & Reviews
- Jackson Hewitt - scam 
- Jackson Hewitt - poor training of employees 
- Jackson Hewitt - scam and cheating
- Jackson Hewitt - income tax 
- Jackson Hewitt - customer service
- Jackson Hewitt - tax service
- Jackson Hewitt - taxes
- Jackson Hewitt - overcharged for return
- Jackson Hewitt - charged me over $500.00 for screwing my taxes up 
- Jackson Hewitt - worst tax place ever