J. C. Penney / interior decorating

J.C. Penney {Brea Mall Store) Interior Decorating Dept. My complaint is that we have been waiting 5 months to have Shutters installed. Since the beginning when we submitted our order the decorator told us she would sent out to have our shutters re-measured by the shutter company. They came out and re-measured. The decorator told us she would get back to us and let us know the results. A month went by and did not receive a phone call from the decorator (Diane Adams). I then made a phone call to the store and was told she was out on sick leave. There was never a phone call from her I was the one that had to make phone calls to the store in order to know what progress was being done with our order. When she finally returned our call she stated she would order our shutters. I was the one to make the phone calls to see how our order was progressing . I think it was her responsibility to get in touch with us to let us know when our shutters would be ready. I was the one to call her to find out how long it would be before our order would be ready. She never did call us to let us know the shutters were in to set up a date for installation. Once again I called the store as we were awaiting this order. In June the shutters were ready for installation again I was the one to call. They were here to install the shutters on June 8,2006. On window was installed and the installers were unable to install the sliding glass door shutters as they stated the shutters were too short so they were unable to finish the job. They left the doors in my family room and stated they would go back to the shop and write up why they were unable to finish the job. They would let the decorator know the measurements were wrong and they would get back to us. A week went by and no phone call was received. I then had to call again, which I think was not my responsibility, they should have called us to let us know what they intended to do. At this time she was not in the office and I asked for the complaint department. I told them the story and they in turn were able to get hold of her manager. They made arrangements and Mike their head installer was sent to view the problem. This was on June 15 he stated he would send for a rush order on a part they failed to order. As of this date July 13 I have not heard from them. I called the store and left a message to return my call. By the way I called last Thursday July 6 and talked to Maureen who stated Diane would not get back to me until Wednesday July 13. Here it is July 13 almost another month and my shutters are still sitting in the family room and no word as to when they will complete the job. This is not good customer service. I will never again shop at your store for interior decorating again. I thought by shopping at your store you would an excellent job of decorating but I see now how things have changed. The reason I went with your store many years ago was then they did an excellent job of decorating.

Sincerly,
Ms. Juanita

Comments

• Va
      16th of Jan, 2007

I ordered custom made draperies in July 2006,with a 20% down payment. Order was promised to be finished and draperies installed by September 2006. It is now January 2007 and the order is still incomplete. Penney personnel are of no assistance. My credit card has been charged, Penneys actually wants me to pay before I receive the merchandise. I am going to my bank tomorrow to dispute the charge.

• Li
      1st of Aug, 2008

Right now i am so angree. jc penney in lake grove ny, is the reason for that . I am also waiting for curtains since april 2008 . the decorator that was here said no problem with back orders. The week they were supposed to install it they tell me there is a back order and it will have to be done at a later date. After that date, i called numerous times and customers service had no idea what to say . First they say its still not ready, then they say it is ready .. but still noone calls me back . now it is Aug 1 st .. i am sitting here after taking the day off and the installer still is not here.. i called them and they said oh he is doing another house then he will be at your house . my decorator says " what do you want me to do fire him ?" .. she tells me to complain about her and everyone else she dont care. oh i forgot to mention that only partial of my curtains are here.. all the time i was calling they never told me my swags had a defect .. and that they were wainting for my decorator to come back from vacation to give the go ahead to do them over.. What the hell ? she needs to give the ok, or is it common sense.. they want to give me 2oo for the trouble, i lost more then that taking off from work 2xs and they never came. never again will i deal with jc penney.

• Pm
      4th of Oct, 2009

I too, am having a problem with the JC Penney's Home Decorating service. I order drapes for a small condo in Phoenix Arizona. I went to the JC Penney's store at Arrowhead. The home decorator came to the house on May 18, 2009 and the order was placed. At that time Ipaid the required down payment and understood as per the contract that I would not get billed until everything was completely installed. It is now October 4, 2009 and I have already been fully billed, but the order is not complete. It started out from the beginning that supposedly the computer kicked out the order for the arcadia door drapes, so the installers would come out and install the rest and we would reschedule when the other drapes were done. On the first visit the installers forgot their ladder for a window in the stairway. The second visit resulted in the installation of the arcadia door drapes, but they forgot the hardware for the stairway window. The third time they came out, they forgot the rod. It was then that we realized that the decorative finials were wrong and there was no wand on the arcadia drape. It was after this 3rd visit, that I realized that they billed me in full for completion and they said that they had to reorder the hardware. The 4th visit resulted in nothing being done as they again forgot the finials or the hardware. By this time I was livid and of course everyone including my consultant was so apologetic. On the fifth visit they did complete the job, but because we realized that someone ordered the wrong finials (as in our nice consultant) we had to be there for the consultant to come and see what the problem was. She herself contradicted her own paper work, which she had messed up. So, we are now waiting for another visit to at least get the stairway finials to match the downstairs. Oh and by the way, this is only as 1300 square ft. place with 7 windows that they were working with!!!