J. C. Penney / interior decorating

J.C. Penney {Brea Mall Store) Interior Decorating Dept. My complaint is that we have been waiting 5 months to have Shutters installed. Since the beginning when we submitted our order the decorator told us she would sent out to have our shutters re-measured by the shutter company. They came out and re-measured. The decorator told us she would get back to us and let us know the results. A month went by and did not receive a phone call from the decorator (Diane Adams). I then made a phone call to the store and was told she was out on sick leave. There was never a phone call from her I was the one that had to make phone calls to the store in order to know what progress was being done with our order. When she finally returned our call she stated she would order our shutters. I was the one to make the phone calls to see how our order was progressing . I think it was her responsibility to get in touch with us to let us know when our shutters would be ready. I was the one to call her to find out how long it would be before our order would be ready. She never did call us to let us know the shutters were in to set up a date for installation. Once again I called the store as we were awaiting this order. In June the shutters were ready for installation again I was the one to call. They were here to install the shutters on June 8,2006. On window was installed and the installers were unable to install the sliding glass door shutters as they stated the shutters were too short so they were unable to finish the job. They left the doors in my family room and stated they would go back to the shop and write up why they were unable to finish the job. They would let the decorator know the measurements were wrong and they would get back to us. A week went by and no phone call was received. I then had to call again, which I think was not my responsibility, they should have called us to let us know what they intended to do. At this time she was not in the office and I asked for the complaint department. I told them the story and they in turn were able to get hold of her manager. They made arrangements and Mike their head installer was sent to view the problem. This was on June 15 he stated he would send for a rush order on a part they failed to order. As of this date July 13 I have not heard from them. I called the store and left a message to return my call. By the way I called last Thursday July 6 and talked to Maureen who stated Diane would not get back to me until Wednesday July 13. Here it is July 13 almost another month and my shutters are still sitting in the family room and no word as to when they will complete the job. This is not good customer service. I will never again shop at your store for interior decorating again. I thought by shopping at your store you would an excellent job of decorating but I see now how things have changed. The reason I went with your store many years ago was then they did an excellent job of decorating.

Sincerly,
Ms. Juanita

• RE3699's Response, Dec 23, 2017

I want to delete this complaint, because it posted on the wrong complaint website.

Comments

• Va
      16th of Jan, 2007

I ordered custom made draperies in July 2006,with a 20% down payment. Order was promised to be finished and draperies installed by September 2006. It is now January 2007 and the order is still incomplete. Penney personnel are of no assistance. My credit card has been charged, Penneys actually wants me to pay before I receive the merchandise. I am going to my bank tomorrow to dispute the charge.

• Li
      1st of Aug, 2008

Right now i am so angree. jc penney in lake grove ny, is the reason for that . I am also waiting for curtains since april 2008 . the decorator that was here said no problem with back orders. The week they were supposed to install it they tell me there is a back order and it will have to be done at a later date. After that date, i called numerous times and customers service had no idea what to say . First they say its still not ready, then they say it is ready .. but still noone calls me back . now it is Aug 1 st .. i am sitting here after taking the day off and the installer still is not here.. i called them and they said oh he is doing another house then he will be at your house . my decorator says " what do you want me to do fire him ?" .. she tells me to complain about her and everyone else she dont care. oh i forgot to mention that only partial of my curtains are here.. all the time i was calling they never told me my swags had a defect .. and that they were wainting for my decorator to come back from vacation to give the go ahead to do them over.. What the hell ? she needs to give the ok, or is it common sense.. they want to give me 2oo for the trouble, i lost more then that taking off from work 2xs and they never came. never again will i deal with jc penney.

• Pm
      4th of Oct, 2009

I too, am having a problem with the JC Penney's Home Decorating service. I order drapes for a small condo in Phoenix Arizona. I went to the JC Penney's store at Arrowhead. The home decorator came to the house on May 18, 2009 and the order was placed. At that time Ipaid the required down payment and understood as per the contract that I would not get billed until everything was completely installed. It is now October 4, 2009 and I have already been fully billed, but the order is not complete. It started out from the beginning that supposedly the computer kicked out the order for the arcadia door drapes, so the installers would come out and install the rest and we would reschedule when the other drapes were done. On the first visit the installers forgot their ladder for a window in the stairway. The second visit resulted in the installation of the arcadia door drapes, but they forgot the hardware for the stairway window. The third time they came out, they forgot the rod. It was then that we realized that the decorative finials were wrong and there was no wand on the arcadia drape. It was after this 3rd visit, that I realized that they billed me in full for completion and they said that they had to reorder the hardware. The 4th visit resulted in nothing being done as they again forgot the finials or the hardware. By this time I was livid and of course everyone including my consultant was so apologetic. On the fifth visit they did complete the job, but because we realized that someone ordered the wrong finials (as in our nice consultant) we had to be there for the consultant to come and see what the problem was. She herself contradicted her own paper work, which she had messed up. So, we are now waiting for another visit to at least get the stairway finials to match the downstairs. Oh and by the way, this is only as 1300 square ft. place with 7 windows that they were working with!!!

• Za
      14th of Aug, 2018
    JC Penney Company - Shauna
    Albany
    New York

Wasn't helping really rude don't speak proper English

15th of Aug, 2018
    JC Penney Company - False advertising
    Orland Park
    Illinois

Original price was never posted anywhere, not on shelf or on products.
    There were three different signs:
    30%, 35%, 40% Off but the final price ended being the same.
    Same product, same model, same ups number

• Me
      15th of Aug, 2018
    JC Penny - Service
    Searcy
    Arkansas

So I'm shopping and I have arms full of clothing and I ask Reagen to check me out and she said no and she wasn't doing anything so I'm wondering why is she there if she's not gonna work.

• Su
    JC Penney Company - Customer Service
    Jacksonville Beach
    Florida

I purchased (4) Liz C Comforter Sets priced at $359 each. I was leery, due to pass issues, w/ JCP, disappointed once again. I spoke w/ 4 diff., cs reps., on 4 diff., occasions, in regards to my orders, I never received, but was quickly charged. End result, reimbursement, cs was unapologetic & unconcerned. JCP has permeately lost me as a customer.

• Tr
    JC Penney Company - Ring
    Conroe
    Texas

I have a ring that they turned in for warranty 7weeks ago have been told its should be back, then they say still dont where it is absolutely terrible. I will never buy a ring from you again. Horrible customer service! The ring wasn't cheap it's a 2 carrart! I will tell anyone I know how horrible they these rings are!!

• Un
      20th of Aug, 2018
    JC Penney Company - Torchiere Floor Lamps/two ordered/purchased for living room, but lamp shades don't match
    Albuquerque
    New Mexico
    jcpenney.com

I purchased living room identical floor lamps(2) May 4, 2018, received one week later. Order # 2018134540658096 Unboxing them destroyed the boxes and packaging. The shades are different colors. To remedy, was told locally to return a boxed lamp and order another. Really? No box left, weigh 65# each. No way to get another shade only? Ridiculous!

• Do
      20th of Aug, 2018
    JC Penney Company - Earrings packaged well, but BRPKEN!!!
    Kirkland
    Illinois

I have JCP p.o. # 451953572_261, lot # 26115670018. Why, I ask why would you mail leaver back earrings that are obviously broken? I now need to waste my time to return. I will get rid of my JCP card ASAP. You sell nothing but junk, and I am done!!!

• Lo
      21st of Aug, 2018
    JC Penney Salon - Hair damage
    Plainfield
    Indiana

Took my daughter to have her hair done for pictures. The straighter she used or product she used damaged about 1 1/2 inches of the bottom of my daughters hair. Her hair is fried. I will have to take her somewhere and have it cut off. It looks really bad. Not happy.

• Co
      28th of Aug, 2018
    JC Penney Company - Online site
    Provo
    Utah

I can no longer access your store online because your techs are blocking certain IP addresses. I guess you don't need our business.

• Ar
      29th of Aug, 2018
    JC Penney Company - credit card
    Torrance, California
    California

JC Penney never send me bills I don't have the due date and minimum pay due and keep getting late fees and they refuse to return me the late fees
    Nn

JC Penney Company - Employee named Walt, or Walter at Galleria Henderson NV
    Henderson
    Nevada

There is a terrible man who is giving JCPenney a very bad reputation. I believe this sir that he eventually or imediatley be replaced witha decent employee working for JCPenney as everyone else is besides him.

He's unfit and unnecessary for job, extremely unprofessionally rude and almost obnoxious and oblivious to my husband and I.
    Thank You.

• Mo
    JC Penney Company - Refund/exchange
    Staten Island
    New York

My wife and I went to J.C. Penney in Staten Island NY to exchange items we ordered online. A lady name Lauren in customer service refused to give us an exchange because we didn't have a receipt. She was very rude and disrespectful. I filled a complaint with BBB because she didn't follow the refund/exchange policy.

• Jc
    JC Penney Company - Being Affended
    Canton, TexasRockwall

J.C. Penney has been a family favorite for generations. Not any more, we will shop at this chain again. As soon as you walk in on during the Christmas holidays mind you, we were greeted by a washer and dryer with the price of$666.00. That is well known as satins number. I'm done good bye J.C. Penney and hello Facebook.

• Re
      1st of Sep, 2018
    JC Penney Company - Negligent Manager Doesn't Honor Note on Cart for Items on Hold for less than 45 mins.
    Long Beach
    California

Today, around 8:00 pm, at the 6750 Cherry Ave., Long Beach, CA 90805 store, I went to the Customer Service Dept. to ask an employee to hold my cart until I return with my Target card. She said ok and a large note was taped on the cart where the handle is. Less than 45 mins later, I returned to the store and the manager had put away all the items.

• St
    JC Penney Company - Nicole miller handbag
    Niles
    Ohio

6 months ago i bought a Nicole miller handbag from J.C. Penney's and it seemed to be a great sturdy purse, but just recently the handles started ripping and i dont use to it enough for that to be happening so soon. I figured a purse from you guys would last me a couple years but it is already falling apart.

• Ei
    JC Penney Company - Cancelled orders

I've been a long time customer of JCP but not anymore!! Three of my orders were cancelled without my knowledge . When I called customer service the supervisor was rude . I understand that dealing with the public can be difficult but just an email letting me know that my orders were cancelled would have been the right thing to do.

• De
      2nd of Sep, 2018
    JC Penney Company - Unethical Manager
    Saint Peters
    Missouri

Sam Stowe a manager at St. Peters, MO Mid River Mall location is the most conniving deceitful untrustworthy human being ever placed into a managers role. He is a very emotionally sick individual who develops unhealthy crushes on other good looking male employees that is placing JCPenney at risk for lawsuits, just a matter of time.