iYogi / fraudulent behaviour
This concerns iYogi, a firm offering on-line computer software repair service.
All transactions were made by telephone, no paper documents ever exchanged.
I can only hope that my report corroborates that of others,
see also what a Google search of "iYogi scam" shows.
I subscribed to their services one year ago because I had a PRINTER problem.
They solved the problem successfully.
Their quote for a one-year subscription was $ 40.
When I got my credit statement it was for $ 140.
I never used them again.
A year later, last week, they called me if I wanted to renew. I declined.
The next day, I found all my PRINTER software had been deleted.
I also found that re-installing my PRINTERS was blocked.
I also found that my machine had become virtually unuseable,
because its speed was reduced by a factor of approx. 100.
Calling up a certain windows took several minutes, instead of the usual couple of seconds.
Apparently, iYogi had hacked into my computer.
This week I found my credit card debited for $ 140.
As I understand, keeping credit card information after a transaction is complete, is illegal.
I conclude that iYogi use fraudulent if not criminal methods to cheat customers.
More iYogi Complaints & Reviews
- iYogi - Forced to buy product 
- iYogi - i was robbed
- iYogi - Technical Support 
- iYogi - Danger! Danger! Know where your tech support comes from! 
- iYogi - Unethical service 
- iYogi - tech support firm asserts to look for rs 1,900 crores at hdfc ergo
- iYogi - Internet security service
- iYogi from India - Scan and upgrade
- IYogi tech support - Tech support
- iYogi - Avoid!!