iYogi / fraudulent behaviour

1 Cooper City, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 954 554 5744

This concerns iYogi, a firm offering on-line computer software repair service.
All transactions were made by telephone, no paper documents ever exchanged.
I can only hope that my report corroborates that of others,
see also what a Google search of "iYogi scam" shows.
I subscribed to their services one year ago because I had a PRINTER problem.
They solved the problem successfully.
Their quote for a one-year subscription was $ 40.
When I got my credit statement it was for $ 140.
I never used them again.
A year later, last week, they called me if I wanted to renew. I declined.
The next day, I found all my PRINTER software had been deleted.
I also found that re-installing my PRINTERS was blocked.
I also found that my machine had become virtually unuseable,
because its speed was reduced by a factor of approx. 100.
Calling up a certain windows took several minutes, instead of the usual couple of seconds.
Apparently, iYogi had hacked into my computer.
This week I found my credit card debited for $ 140.
As I understand, keeping credit card information after a transaction is complete, is illegal.
I conclude that iYogi use fraudulent if not criminal methods to cheat customers.

Cm

Comments

12th of Jun, 2012

I totally agree with you. They're thief. In fact I worked as contractor for them and they tried to steal from me as well saying no pay because customer has not paid and when checked with customer they said they did. Stay away from this filthy company. They're an Indian company working internationally. They should be banned from US for fraudulent behavior.

• Sp
      14th of Apr, 2013

I have a new HP computer out of the box less than 3 months. Had software problems from the start (Windows 8). Called tech support for HP. They fixed my problems by recovering OS. Later 2 weeks get call from iyogi same people stating my computer was unstable and they could fix it for 169.00. I refused and they got hostile on the phone. I tried to install Avasti security and it would not install. I called Avasti and had them confirm on the phone that they were not iyogi. After they trouble shot my computer they confirmed that Iyogi had corrupter my OS. I will now take my computer to a repair shop and have it fixed. No more dealings with HP or iyogi. It is cheaper to have it done right by locals than the big company.

• Iy
      24th of Apr, 2013

Dear username Spectra 11,
    We are extremely sorry to hear about your experience with us. We take feedback seriously and would like to investigate the incident that you are reporting. So, request you to send us your iYogi account details on [email protected] and our dedicated team will look into it.

Thanks

Regards
    Active Response Team
    iYogi

• Co
      31st of May, 2013

I am a computer technician with a small business helping mostly older folks. The other day, one of my customers had a paper jam on his HP all-in-one printer. After he cleared it, the printer would no longer print the top inch of every page. Everything else on the printer worked fine (2 months old). Everything on my customer's computer was fine (just 3 months old) . My customer attempted to contact HP support to troubleshoot the printer, and somehow called iYogi instead. Without my customer paying anything, the iyogi tech took remote control of the computer, sabotaged the printer, put the system into safe mode, and then claimed that their were so many junk files on the system that a $200 service fee was required to fix the computer. Remember, the customer is just trying to troubleshoot his printer not printing the top inch of every page. When he reminds the tech of this, the tech said the printer wasn't working because of all the junk files. My customer refused to pay the $200 fee, and the tech hung up on him. After calling back to have iYogi undo what they did, he got the run around, and was hung up on several times. After a call to me, I was astonished by the horror story he told me about HP's customer support. I told him to call corporate and complain, which he did. Luckily, HP (corporate) provided a free tech that undid most of the damage caused by iYogi, allowing my customer to at least use his computer again. Unfortunately, his printer is still broken (most likely a damaged print head) and he needs to get a warranty ticket started still. ALL this happened because Brother decided not to make a Windows 8 compatible driver for one of their older printers which, by the way, had no problems in 12 years. Poor guy is so frustrated, he wants to just get rid of the computer... which would be unfortunate for his family and friends.
    Stay away from iYogi! It's not that the techs at iYogi are impossible to understand, its not even the poor service they provide, it's the fact that their is a LONG history of this company taking advantage of people. I recommend everyone follow Avast!'s example and cut all ties with iYogi, and begin exploring international litigation options for fraud.