iTunes / poor customer service

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Unauthorized charges totalling £212.78 were taken from my bank account, using the card details I had stored with iTunes. iTunes refuse to speak to you on the phone about anything to do with their products, even in fraud cases and I requested 4 times for someone to call me but was told ''we don't normally call our customers'' and no telephone calls. Apple refused to stop or suspend the payments, but they don't have a reason that they CAN'T do this, they just simply WON'T, they also say they can't investigate any fraud until the bank contacts them and there is no way of stopping that money from going out of your bank account. How convenient! It didn't matter to them that this would overdraw me! They also had the cheek to ask me to pay for further charges, which the hacker had managed to add after I cancelled my bank card! iTunes service and support was appalling, will definitely not be using Apple ever again!

He

Comments

7th of Apr, 2010

Exactly same thing happened with me in Australia, only stopped once my money ran out. Still down over Au$1, 000, No one at Apple wud speak by telephone or deal with the matter until I contacted head of PR for Australia threatening to expose the [censored]ers.
    Then suddenly a call within hours and a promise to investigate. latest communication from him which i tend to believe was that he was getting no joy in getting info out of iTunes in the States. How typical that they can't even respond to their own guy