iPower / Awful company!

Phone: 888-511-4678

What happened to this company? I signed up with them a few years back and they were fine. But now email doesn't work and I typically have to wait 90 minutes to talk to a human. I was having problems a few months ago. Thought Id wait until they moved my account onto their new platform. That was a big hassle in itself. Now its moved, and things have gotten worse. They wont tell me exactly when the account was moved, but it may have been yesterday. Thats when my email stopped working. All messages for me vanished into the ether for ~24 hours. No alert, nothing.

The first time I tried to call them today, I got a human within ten minutes. I was lucky. The other approx. six times I have called tech support in the last few months Ive had to wait 90 minutes. Doesn't matter whether its business hours or not. (This in spite of the message on their site saying they've hired more support staff. Sure doesn't seem like it.) I guess I should be grateful: At least the person I finally talked to was not in India. We thought things had been worked out, but no. I called again, tried my best to be cordial, and after about six minutes the guy simply hung up on me while I was in the middle of a sentence.

As I write this, messages sometimes get delivered and sometimes don't. Weird huh? They tried to blame it on sbcglobal, saying that sbc must have put a don't deliver tag on my mail. But the incorrect bounce-back messages say that ipower does not recognize the email account which clearly exists. And, as I said, sometimes a message to exactly the same email address is delivered just fine. Go figure.

Well, I don't want to figure any more. I am going to another hosting company. Ive only used four months of my one-year payment; but oh well. I cant deal with this company any more.

Va

Comments

• Ks
      25th of Mar, 2008

IPower is by far the worst webhost I have ever experienced.

Here are the recent uptime stats for my website, as measured by basicstate.com:

2008-03-24 85.71%
    2008-03-17 65.93%
    2008-03-16 79.12%
    2008-03-15 86.81%
    2008-03-14 86.81%

As soon as I moved to a different webhost the uptime for my website has been 100% (literally) ever since.

And despite these appalling figures I quote above, which have badly damaged my business, when I asked for a refund IPower said that they cannot give me a refund.

• Ru
      7th of Jun, 2008

I am with ipower too, it seems the whole business is shut down now... i can't get or send email and i cant get the ipower.com site to open up either. does any one have any word on the status of the company or similar experience today?

• Tu
      13th of Nov, 2008

how didi you cancel your acount with them???