iPage / Domain/hosting

1 burlington Mass, United States

February 11, 2017

I) received an invoice for hosting via email and paid it,

ii) I received an invoice for domain via email, and when I attempted to make a payment on-line, using the same credentials, I was denied access,

iii) I called support number, indicated on IPage site, and explained the situation. I was told that without the correct login credentials, I would need a court order to gain access, and was referred to their compliance department.

Iv) compliance department requested that I send a copy of my drivers license, showing the address consistent with the address, when the account was opened. I provided a copy via email.

V) I followed up with a call to compliance, and was told the address on the license was different than the one used when the account was opened 4 years ago, and I would need a court order.

Vi) I contacted IPage security that conducted a scan on the account and reported "malicious activity", but could not find more than 11 files. This should have been about 30 thousand files.

Vii) I followed up with compliance that indicated they found another account with the login credentials that I had been using, and provided a different Url. Instead of planet2learn.com, it was ipg.planet2learncom. I attempted to goto that domain, but was denied access.

viii) I spoke with customer support that indicated they were trying to locate the file (website code), but had not been able to locate anything. They indicated that someone would get back to me.

ix) I received an email from compliance, indicating the domain was being utilized by another party, and I was not an authorized party.

x) On the basis of the email, I filed a criminal complaint with the state police, and was encouraged to also file a report to the local District attorney's office. I intend to do that on Monday. I have also contacted corporate counsel and advised them that IPage was unlawfully utilizing our domain, and had allowed another unidentified party to use the domain. Counsel indicated they will file a claim in local court of common pleas for $20 thousand (cost of the website) and lost revenue resulting from disruption of business.

Pl