Intex / pool pump

May 30, 2015
ll of the pumps have the ceramic shafts that breaks. I ordered the replacement part several times before I got smart. This how I get even for the cheap pump. First oder a new pump from walmart. Then take the eight screw out of the top of pump motor. Remove the pump propeller and stick it in old pump. Put old propeller in new pump and send back saying new pump dosent work. Also if the old pump looks good, just stick the whole old pump back in the box and keep the new. This may seem wrong, but I have found its the only way to keep the piece of crap working. The pump should work quietly when it starts getting a little loud or you have to tap it to get it running. That is when the ceramic shafts is broken. Order or get a new one on the way. This way the cost gets booted back to intex. Shipping and everything. If they would put a little quality in we wouldn't have to compromise or morals to get even.

N  24th of Jul, 2015 by
I have had my Intex pool since 2010 and enjoy it! BUT...the pumps do not last!!! The first one, the one that came with the pool, lasted about a month. The service light came on and the pump was replaced, no questions. Then the next summer that one had to be replaced. I bought the separate filter pump and salt water system. It lasted a little longer and I replaced it with the sand filter pump. DO NOT GET THAT ONE!!! Assembly was a nightmare and customer support even worse!!!
I went back to the smaller pump and system. This summer I hooked the replacement for that and sent the sand filter pump to be recycled.
For the Ultra Frame 16' I have the "Krystal Clear Saltwater System & Filter Pump, Model CS7111". It had to be replaced after a month. The replacement keeps alerting "High Salt". All trouble shooting has been done and the pool supply store water check found all chemicals within normal limits. (Chlorine perfect--although "high salt"! ??)
Now, when I spoke with CSR about that issue I was told to "cut off the electrical cord and send a picture of the pump and we will replace it". Cut off the electrical cord? REALLY? The reason? So Intex will know it is not working and cannot be sold to anyone. Seems they've had a issue with folks calling in for new pumps when the current one works just fine.
Now, I wonder what is supposed to be done until the second replacement arrives???

Intex Recreation Logo Intex Recreation