Intex / Poor service!

1 Canada Review updated:

I am writing to explain an ongoing problem that I have had in trying to obtain a replacement pump Model 635 from an Intex 24 X 12 pool set that I purchased June 3rd, 2007 at a Canadian Tire store in Canada.

The pump only lasted approximately 2 weeks before it ceased to function any longer and I immediately contacted the INTEX service department in California for a warranty replacement, detailing the circumstances in a letter and faxing the information as requested. I called after I had faxed the letter (and original proof of purchase receipt) to confirm that the fax had been received. I was told that it had been received and the warranty claim approved and that I should be receiving my new pump within 2 weeks.

On July 31, 2007, having not received the pump I contacted the consumer department again to be advised that they had no record of my original claim and that I should send the information again. I promptly did so and followed up with another phone call to confirm that they received the fax. Upon confirmation I was told that the fax was received and approved and that I should anticipate my replacement pump in about 2 weeks. I advised that I would follow up with another phone call to obtain a confirmation number which I did on August 01, 2007.

I contacted the company again in mid August to be advised that the pumps were “back-ordered” and it would be approximately 2 week before I received my replacement.

Today, September 5, 2007, I contacted the company again to determine the status of the pump. In mid August I was directed to the website to confirm that the company was out of stock on the model 635 pump but noticed that it no longer indicates that as of this date. I was advised initially today that no record exists of my warranty claim but when I gave the woman my confirmation number she then put me on hold and advised upon returning that it would be another 3-4 weeks for my pump to arrive because they are “back-ordered.” I pointed out that I was advised of this before and directed to note the “out of stock” claim on the website but now the website makes no such claim. She then told me that “Canadian’s are different.” I politely told her that I will have been waiting almost 3 months based on her estimate for a replacement pump and that I needed to contact someone else in the company to lodge a formal complaint. She told me that the supervisors were on discrete extensions and that there was no one to contact. When I questioned this and asked for her name, she promptly hung up on me.

I have been patient, I have been polite, I have been willing to be stroked along with all of the mishandling of this very simple claim, but frankly... that is the final straw. I work in aviation as a supervisor of 10 and if I allowed any of my staff to behave this way towards any of our stakeholders or to not honor the company intent for customer satisfaction I would lose my job. I have NEVER been party to such carelessness or disdain in customer service relations before in my life. I purchased the swimming pool in good faith and was only able to use it for a very short time, even planning my family’s vacation around it.

My intent is to contact the major Canadian retailers of INTEX products and advise them that their customers should beware of false warranty information and lack of commitment by INTEX to expedite simple claims. It would appear that this company DOES NOT stand behind it's warranties. Perhaps the major retailers might reconsider stocking INTEX products. INTEX is a HONG KONG based company and it would seem another in the long line of Chinese companies with production, warranty and service issues.

Comments

• Ro
      11th of Aug, 2008

I have been dealing with Intexcorp for about a month and a half over missing parts for a 18' above ground metal frame pool. The valves and filter strainers needed to hook up the pump to the pool were missing, I called Intexcorp and was advised I needed to submit a claim form to get the missing parts. Ok thats fair so I faxed it to the number that they gave us and called back a week later to check on my claim. I was told that my fax did not come through and was given a second number to fax it to, sent it to both numbers this time and again called to check on the missing parts. I was told that they had received my claim but the parts were on back order and that they would be sent ASAP. Two weeks later called again and was told that my claim was not received and wanted to know what number I had faxed it to. The customer service rep. was reading from my claim form so I know that they have it, again more run around and stalling from Intexcorp. So what to do what to do? Decided to call every retailer of their products and ask them to get involved. I figured if everyone that has had a problem with Intexcorp customer service could start complaining to the major retailers, ie. Walmart, Target, Home Depot then they might stop selling Intexcorp products and put them out of business. If nothing else they might have to fix their Com.Ser.Dept. I hope that everyone that knows someone who has had a problem with INTEXCORP passes this idea on and start hitting INTEXCORP in their wallet.

• Ra
      12th of Aug, 2008

Respected sir

Rakesh Kumar S/o Sh. Dalip Kumar, Friends Colony, Near Shankar Kumhar, Hisar Road, Sirsa-125055

Vase

Parties
    1. Sardana Mobiles, Old civil Hospital Road, Sirsa.
    2. Intex Technologies India Ltd, D-18/2 Okhla Industrial Area, Phase II, New Delhi 110020.
    3. Intex Technologies Customer Service Center Sadar Bajar, Sirsa.

Sub. Complaint mobile not replaced and Service is V. V. Poor Condition.

Sir

1 I purchased one Intex Aura I 1224 Black IMEI No. 350077107212577 and Batt. S/No. GHD107270004418 Bill No. 760 Dated 06.09.2007 from Party No. 1 in cash Rs. 7700.00. He give me promise that one year full guaranty and said that if in one year any problem in this mobile you can tack every type of help from above parties in free based. And he said that if got any manufacturer defect in this mobile they will replace this mobile from company.
    2 After 2 or 3 month my mobile has accurd problems in mike and PBA Band. I informed and went immediately to party No. 1 for this problem. He get repaired by party no. 2. But after some days in this mobiles accurd problems again & again. The details and record are have Party No. 3.
    3 Now against Job Card No. 15534 dated 28.07.2008 of above mobile have blinking and past problems accurd. In that problems I have sent to company for replacement but company have repaired it rather then replaced it. When I go to take my mobile from Party No. 3 I got it very poor and damaged condition like that its nuts are opened and without seal. I refused to take that mobile because its mike (speaker) was not changed. When I asked about my mobile for this condition from Party No 3. He said that it is in same condition that company (Party No. 2) has sent to me. When I said to replaced that mobile to party No. 1 and 3 they misbehave to me and said that we are not responsible for any warranty and any replacement, and no need to come on our shop.
    4 Above parties not did their duties that’s why I am psychologically disturbed and I went their shops many times but they every time misbehave to me. I did not get any satisfied answer when I called to company’s website toll free no. So I want to get compensation from above these parties.
    5 I request that my mobile should be replaced from above Parties or 7700/- Rs and @ 2% interest per month from dated 28.07.2008 pay to me, and 21000/- Rs. will be giving to me as compensation And 3500/- Rs will be paid to me as case expenses also.

Thanking you

I declared that above complaints are with full explanation and will be right from my sight.

Respectfully yours,