Intex / Inflatable pools DO NOT last long

I bought an Intex pool in 2006 and it ripped in less than 1 month. I called Intex and they sent me a new inflatable dinosaur pool to replace the other one. I used that one for about 1 month and carefully put it away in a large garbage bag. This year (2007) I brought it out and tried to pump it up and the air would not stay in the pool. I looked around the pool and found two slits in it. I fixed the holes and pumped it up and it stayed up for a little while. Then it deflated again. This is sooo frustrating to me. I would never buy their product again.

D  12th of Aug, 2007 by
I have an Intex Easy-Set inflatable pool. If you take care of your stuff, it will last. Like all inflatable products, they will get holes in them if you abuse them. And frankly for the price, can you expect them to last ten years. One month is not long enough, but slits don't appear on there own. Miss use is obvious hear I think.
A  11th of Aug, 2008 by
I have been dealing with Intexcorp for about a month and a half over missing parts for a 18' above ground metal frame pool. The valves and filter strainers needed to hook up the pump to the pool were missing, I called Intexcorp and was advised I needed to submit a claim form to get the missing parts. Ok thats fair so I faxed it to the number that they gave us and called back a week later to check on my claim. I was told that my fax did not come through and was given a second number to fax it to, sent it to both numbers this time and again called to check on the missing parts. I was told that they had received my claim but the parts were on back order and that they would be sent ASAP. Two weeks later called again and was told that my claim was not received and wanted to know what number I had faxed it to. The customer service rep. was reading from my claim form so I know that they have it, again more run around and stalling from Intexcorp. So what to do what to do? Decided to call every retailer of their products and ask them to get involved. I figured if everyone that has had a problem with Intexcorp customer service could start complaining to the major retailers, ie. Walmart, Target, Home Depot then they might stop selling Intexcorp products and put them out of business. If nothing else they might have to fix their Com.Ser.Dept. I hope that everyone that knows someone who has had a problem with INTEXCORP passes this idea on and start hitting INTEXCORP in their wallet.
A  20th of Aug, 2008 by
We bought an inflatable 15'x42" Intex pool at the end of summer last year and stored it til this summer-- it was on clearance. All was well until during the third month during its first season of use when it just split right at the seam near the bottom. About 4000 gallons over the patio and under the doors into the house. What an absolute piece of junk!! Of course we can't locate the recept since we bought it over a year ago. We spent a few hundred dollars for two and half months of mediocre pool fun! Save your money, buy a qulaity product-- not these intex, summer escape pieces of garbage. Additionally, the pump is a tiny little piece of junk too. Too small to do an adequate job. These pools are really a big joke.

Intex Recreation Logo Intex Recreation