Intexproblem with pool pump size!

V

I purchased my second Intex pool recently. My first one that I had for 3 years burned up in a fire. Intex is now selling their large pools with a smaller size pump. The previous pump Model 520 @ 2000 gph was barely enough for this size pool and actually wasn't large enough. They are now selling the Model 635 @ 1500 gph with their 18' x 48' size pools. This pump is not large enough for these size pools. And the pump I received does not sound very good either. The filters are smaller which causes you to purchase more filters.

I called the company to get some help on replacing this pump for one that is comparable to the last one I had because they no longer carry the Model 520. The first rep. told me to send a fax with my complaint and they would replace my pump with something comparable. No response. I called back. The second rep basically told me Too Bad that's the pump that comes with that size pool and hung up on me. The third rep could not transfer me to a manager but said he would have one call me within 48 hours. No phone call still. Intex does not care about their consumers. They take your money and forget you. BEWARE of purchasing INTEX POOLS! Also if you notice on their website, you can't even send them an email. When you call them, the only people you can get a hold of are sales reps ready to take your money but they do not care about your concerns. I want to return this pool and I am unable to reach anyone to do so.

Beware!

• Updated by Scournaya · May 30, 2017

Shocked by spa

• Ra
    rabsab83 Jul 28, 2019

I have been on the phone twice to order a replacement charge cord for my INTEX HANDHELD VACUUM I was over twenty minutes on the first call and hung up on the second call was over fifteen minutes and then told they couldn't give me a phone number or the complaint department please I just need a charger cord contacting the better business bureau

• Do
    Doug Denney Feb 11, 2019

These SPA'S have defective parts in the pumps ( the Impeller and the Shaft ) The company will not sell you replacement parts they only will sell you a replacement pump or SPA that has the same defective parts. I purchased 2 SPA's and both had defective Impeller shafts.

• St
    Stephanie Dyer Oct 31, 2018

We just hooked up our pure spa and it is leaking a ton of water from the attached machine. I don't know how to fix it or it can be fixed. This is extremely upsetting because it costed a lot of money

• Sc
    Scournaya Oct 28, 2018

I bought the spa on Sunday and filled it up on Monday. The heater ran for 7 hours and I went to get into it and was SHOCKED!!! So was my 7 year old son! This was hooked up for GFCI outlet as instruction read! My arm is still numb! I would like to know how you plan to fix this so nobody else gets electric shock!

• Up
    Upsetmydaughter Oct 27, 2018

The connections leak and with a 1000 gallon per hour pump the water barely trickled back into the pool it was a joke it's like the system was clogged and I know it was hooked up correctly I am a plumber by trade

• Ca
    Candace Forehand Oct 21, 2018

We have bought 6 twin mattress for me and my 5 children and 4 have had the seams bust. That were bought at wal-mart and they dont last but about a week we have spent money and got crap in return

• Je
    Jessiethebest Oct 21, 2018

I got a full size air mattress from walmart in May I have followed all the air reuiqments and the warning label's on the side this evening as I was heading air two big bumps appeared and it just keeps poping up.

Comments

• Ju
    Julie Bannister Oct 15, 2018

I love this product but the charger had broke I gave only had it a few months, I was wondering if I could have a replacement please, my name is Julie Bannister, 9 primrose gardens, St. Helens Auckland, Co Durham DL14 9 BN

Comments

• Va
    vaibhav k sheth Oct 14, 2018

the air bed that i had bought did not last as promised and it deflates with a hole by the air intake and goes flat with a few hours not good need a representative to contact me at [protected] and i am expecting a full refund plus tax and shipping and handling from the company

• Am
    Amy L Flarida Aug 20, 2018

I purchased an Intex air mattress and have had it get a bubble on one side of the bed that has made in hard to sleep in. I haven't had my bed for very long. This is the second time this happened to me. I got woke up very early in the morning with the seam popping up on me.

• Ba
    Barbara Browb Aug 15, 2018

when I called china answered and she did give me full details of what was needed. on . Fax over paper work that she ask for . and now I fine out you need deliver paper also so I fax the over today 12:30. can this be rushed. Claim '# 612783' We have been waiting since we first called in May.. it cause me so much stress, I'm getting hives

• Ji
    jimmie felix Apr 03, 2016

i donthave an attitude i just would like too have the queen size mattress replaced////

• Ji
    jimmie felix Apr 03, 2016

i bought a intex classic queen size air mattress from the walmart store in easton Pa. 18042 & ive only had it 3 months and it rip all the way up the sim. & walmart told me too call you guys...thank you & have a blessfull day... my email is [email protected]

• La
    larryf35116 May 30, 2015

All of the pumps have the ceramic shafts that breaks. I ordered the replacement part several times before I got smart. This how I get even for the cheap pump. First oder a new pump from walmart. Then take the eight screw out of the top of pump motor. Remove the pump propeller and stick it in old pump. Put old propeller in new pump and send back saying new pump dosent work. Also if the old pump looks good, just stick the whole old pump back in the box and keep the new. This may seem wrong, but I have found its the only way to keep the piece of crap working. The pump should work quietly when it starts getting a little loud or you have to tap it to get it running. That is when the ceramic shafts is broken. Order or get a new one on the way. This way the cost gets booted back to intex. Shipping and everything. If they would put a little quality in we wouldn't have to compromise or morals to get even.

• Va
    Valerie Hawn Jun 18, 2014

Agree... This is my 3rd Intex pool... THE PUMPS SUCK... Well. . I mean... they don't suck... any water. Plastic parts from China. Add my name to the list of UNSATISFIED... Ug.

jameshemphill Nov 05, 2013

my twin air matter will not hold air looks like therubber diaphragm is missing

• To
    Tory123 Jul 02, 2013

I had my Intex 15 x 42 pool, it isn't worth anything, I will never have another one, had it 1 yr, bought it thru Amazon paid $60.00 just for shipping. This yr can't air the top ring up, it leaks air, we have tried everything to air it up, put something in the air valve so it holds air, ha ha what a joke, nothing works, tried marbles, corks, balloons, you name it we tried it. We are seniors, no kids or grandkids in the pool, I enjoy to float around on my raft, and husband who is disabled likes to walk around in the pool and sometimes float around also. So here we are this year with NO pool, I called Intex customer service to see it their was something we could put in the air valve to hold air, their solution was Buy a New Pool. After 1 yr, I don't think so. There should be some kind of kit or something to do for a air valve that leaks air. I will never buy another Intex pool, they are useless, and should not be sold. I have read alot of other people with the same problem. These pools should not ever be sold.

• I0
    I've been had once again Jun 27, 2013

Ordered a Intex salt water pump a few weeks ago. It has yet to work. runs for a bout 2 minutes and shows a code 91. Water turned green. Had to drain . Refilled and put salt in it. It is a 16 foot by 42 inch pool and we have put 4 bags of salt (50lbs each) in it so far, but still same thing. the water is once again turning green and will have to be dumped again. Wasting a lot of money and water and getting nowhere. Any ideas? It seems to be hooked up as per instructions. It still has the filter system on in inline in front of it. this part is still working fine, but it's not Intex either.

intexowner May 31, 2012

We have an Intex 16x48 above ground pool. I recently purchased the 14 in sand filter off of Amazon (a lot cheaper). Frogs had gotten in our pool during the winter because we had left it up during the winter. That was a mess! The filter that had came with the pool, our second one, wouldn't clean it well at all. We finally took the cartridge out and just used it to keep the water circulating until the new pump came. The water was clear the next day. With the right amount of time and TLC the Intex pools can be lots of fun!

• Ro
    Roger P. May 20, 2012

We bought an Intex 18 X 48 Easy Set Inflatable Ring Pool.
    We had problems setting it up in the beginning due to a less than level area. Took the pool down, scraped the area off flat with a Bobcat and put the pool back up.
    We've had good luck with the pool since and our filter system and pump worked right from the get go even if it did make some weird noises. Shutting it off for a few minutes and turning it back on can also take care of the problem with noise at times. Prime the pump when you turn it on by having a hose turned on in the intake. Make sure you bleed the pump of air as quickly as possilbe and you shouldn't have any problems.
    Guard against the skimmer coming out of the water and don't use the skimmer when the pool is in use.
    Never let the pump run dry and check the skimmer frequently in stormy weather as pools can get waves and choppy no matter what size they are. We always went out and shut our filtering system off during a storm.
    We bought the pool in 2008, in 2011 the pump finally gave out. So, we opted to replace it with the sand type pump (next size up) at a cost of $250 (give or take). We just put the pool up again for the 2012 season and are having no problems. One thing we want to add is that the sand filter, once you get past the cost of it and the sand to fill it, was worth every penny. Make sure you buy GOOD SAND from a reputable pool dealer. It keeps the pool cleaner, makes the pool use less chemicals, is quieter, has a timer, uses less power and we don't have to buy new filters for it all the time, just back flush it on occasion.
    Even with the old filter, we found that as long as we did the maintenance on it daily, it worked pretty good without many issues.
    The only other thing I've replaced is the clamp arm for the skimmer basket that holds it on the side of the pool. We bought the pool from Wal-Mart, we got the replacement part on line. with shipping, was only about $5.
    Most of the people we know with these pools have problems only because they refuse to buy new filters and/or they don't bother to do the maintenance. I agree...the pumps/filters that come with the pools are too small but, they are usable with daily maintenance and rinsing the filters out.
    If you choose not to upgrade to a sand filter system, I'd suggest that you plan on replacing your pump every 2 to 3 years. They are NOT meant to run round the clock and if you run them at night while no one is in the pool they do a pretty good job.
    If your pool is defective return it to the place where you bought it. Keep your receipt. It doesn't have to all go back in the box (even though we get ours in it every fall for storage, minus the ladder and pump system) just make sure you put all the pieces to it in boxes and return it to where you got it and make them give you a replacement or your money back.
    We've never had a leak or a problem.
    Some places will tell you that you have to return it to the maker, but, really, any store worth shopping at will not make you return a defective product to the maker. If they do, we suggest you contact the Better Business Bureau and file a claim in small claims court and tell the store what you intend to do. You'll soon find they'll sing a different tune and take it back. Most stores will avoid lawsuits or a visit from the BBB at all costs.
    We've gotten many years of use from our pool and got our money's worth. We don't allow anyone to wear jewelry, make sure they keep their nails trimmed (toe and finger nails) make the girls or guys with long hair put it in a pony tail, wear a swim cap, or pin it up. Hair in your filter system is a pain, no matter what. We don't allow sunglasses, or any kinds of sharp objects or any thing HARD in the pool.
    We've seen people put lawn furniture in them, and other objects that don't belong (idiots). The only thing in your pool should be bodies, inflatable toys and etc or swim toys, and nothing else. No above ground pool was made for that.
    We also do not allow drinks, or food in the pool. What a nightmare that can turn into.
    We put a little fresh water in daily from evaporation and over spill when playing in the pool.
    I check the chemical levels EVERY DAY before anyone gets in the pool the first time and AGAIN when we get out and add granulated chlorine as necessary.
    I shock the pool every Sunday or more if it needs it depending on the use level.
    You can't leave the cover on for days at a time. If you cover your pool, even if you're not going to use it, take the cover off, or at least half way off, everyday!! The cover warms the pool up to breed algae if it's not removed daily. If you let that happen, plan on taking a full day or longer to clean up the mess it causes.
    Filter baskets should be cleaned daily and the pool should be vacuumed out after every rain storm or wind storm just like an expensive in ground pool or as needed when you see sediment collecting in the bottom.
    If you or someone in the family is not willing to do the daily maintenance with the pool and stay on top of it, you're going to have some kind of problems to begin with. It won't just take care of it's self.
    Avoid putting up the pool by trees. Leaf trees or pine types with needles will just increase the amount of maintenance you have to do. With a little common sense and some daily diligence, these pools can be a lot of fun, and be pretty much care free.
    Daily maintenance takes less than an hour to do. Weekly maintenance and cleaning take maybe an hour or two depending on use, storms and etc. We clean the pool at least once a week no matter what with the broom and the vacuum that comes with it.
    We also bought the magnetic light for the side of the pool. It works VERY WELL and we've never had a problem with it, either.
    Don't get frustrated if you happened to get a lemon. Take it back, start again and keep at it till you get one that works right and serves it's purpose.
    When you get into the swing of it...it's worth the time and effort and it will cool off a lot of family tempers!
    The spouse and I use it as well at night. It's awesome with the lights on and the kids in bed or at a friends house! We've even managed to skinny dip a few times in ours! What fun for us in our 40's and 50's!

• Tr
    trucktator from leesville Aug 20, 2011

I have a 52x24 intex pool, real descent pool, only problem with it didnt circu;late watwer, so i bgught a 1.29 pvc elbow for the return, now circulates well enough that i dont even use a filter i just use the skimmer bag on top and i use a 20dollar water vacume on the bottom total clean time 15minutes and were swimming, only use floating chlorine tabs and pour in chlorine granuals (1CUP) EACH WEEK POOLS CLEAR AS A BELL FROM ONE SIDE TWO THE OTHER, i agree about the pum0p size, but one elbow fixed the problem, small pump0-s in round pools arent strong enough with straight returns, if you do this simple little task im sure you will see some great results from it.trucktator over and out.

• Pt
    PTDELEHANTY Jul 29, 2011

Well w/ all these complaints dating back to 2007 & before U would think that they would have rectified this problem but we just bought an Intex pool this summer & the pump is still not strong enough to pump all those gallons of water ! I got a 20 x 48 size Intex pool & the motor supposed to pump 1500 gallons of water per hour but the pump don't even reach halfway cross the pool & now my pool has algae all over it & U can't even see the bottom of the pool even tho I have shocked it now twice w/in the last week ! And since I shocked it now the pump all of a sudden has decided it doesn't want to work anymore so I am lookin online to see what I need to do !!! I just bought this pool & set it up in June & it is just at the end of July & I am having problems !!! Good grief !!! Does anyone have any answers on what size of pump I really do need for my 20 x 48 pool w/ a 7, 947 gallon water size ????? I have tried to keep it clean on a daily base but I kept seein it gettin darker & darker ! HELPPPPPP!

• Ha
    HaveAGreatDay Jul 18, 2011

This is a cheap temporary pool. You get what you pay for. Buy a steel wall pool with good pump and filter. You are not going to get a $3, 000 product for $300-$400.

• Us
    UsuckINTEX Jun 21, 2011

Intex SUCKS! They need to alert on the box to check if you need a permit for the pool in the area where you live. They also need to put on the box that you need additional fencing ( besides your yard fence) in the state of Delaware. I used the pool for 2 days on Memerial Day weekend in 2010 and that Tuesday after the holiday got slapped on my front door with a citation from the county. Intex doesn't offer any type of fence that you can install on top of the pool. Soooo now I'm stuck with a 15 X 42 pool put away in my basement since last summer. Called customer service today and not surprise to hear they can't do anything for me not even take it back and at least refund the full amount or half. DON'T BUY ANY INTEX POOLS OR PRODUCTS!

• Ta
    tarun manchanda Feb 24, 2011

ram has been changed from 2gb to 1gb

• Js
    Jswapper Sep 06, 2010

We bought our 18x48" easy set from Wal Mart in April of 2005. Never had a problem with the pool or pump until this year. The top ring has finally given way when taking the pool down for the winter. The pump is a crystal clear model 51, uses the B size filter. After reading all of these complaints I must think that the quality at INTEX has gone by the wayside since 2005. I will not get another one. If anybody needs parts I have the ladder, and pump and all of the attachments for the pump. email at [email protected]

• Jw
    Jwalt Sep 01, 2010

We purchased the 18' x 48" Easy Set pool the end of May from Academy. The pump from the start was noisy and would not move the water. We called Intex and they sent us a new pump. The new pump was very quiet and worked for about 3 days and then quit also. I've called Intex trying to get some help and a new pump, however they tell me it's the right pump for the pool. It's not - and although we love our pool, if we decide to keep it we too will have to purchase a new and stronger filter pump. Buyer beware. And, it's true that you can't find anyone in management to help you - only the customer service employees.

• To
    Tony B!! Aug 04, 2010

I just read all the posts in this thread complaining about the Intex pool and company.

I must say I was completely surprised to read these things as my experience has been quite different.

I will say I never had need to call customer support so I can not comment in that area.

I can say that I have however had three intex pools. All of them I obtained used from the original owners. Two were free and the third I spent $250 for it.

The first one was a smaller Easy set maybe 10'x30" or so. My kids were 4 and 5 at the time so it was perfect size. When I got it it already had two seasons on it. I used it two more seasons before giving to someone else who used it another season.

Next I obtained the Behemoth (as we called it), It was another Easy set. I think it was the biggest one they ever made, 24'x 52". It was a neighbors and he had injured his back and could no longer maintain it. He had used it for two seasons then gave it to me. I dragged it all the way home and set it up in my yard. I used it for eight more years, yes that is 8 years. Last year was the final year for it. It started to split on one of the sidewall seams and I figured it would be a disaster to try and use it again.
    This pool came with the model 520 pump and it always did a fine job of keeping the water clear. In addition I found a second 520 pump on the curb that someone was throwing out. I brought it home and it worked flawlessly. I still have both of those pumps and use them with the third pool.

The third pool is a 18'x52" metal frame tube pool I found on craigslist for $250. It came with a Hayward 1hp pool pump/cartridge filter. I bought it on a very cold day in january from his garage outside. It was very stiff from the cold weather. All the frame parts and some additional accesories were also included.

I set it up this year once the weather broke no problem filled it up, no leaks and have been using oe of the 520 pumps for it. Those 520 pumps are easily ten years old and still are running strong.

My experience with the intex product has been very good. I have had to purchase some items such as hose replacements or other like items over the years, but this would be so with perhaps any brand.

For me I have had a swimming pool in my back yard every year since 1999 and not counting chemicals I have spent easily less than $400 in that time on pools. From my perspective Intex is the way to go.

Unlike a friend of mine who always has to have the "better" stuff, spent close to $5000.00 on a "real" pool from the great escape last year, took forever to get it installed, swam it it maybe twice then and now this year has pump filter issues that do not seem to get resolved. His water looks so bad I wouldn't put fish in it!

• He
    Henna Jul 02, 2010

WE need to start complaining to Walmart, Target, Samsclub and Cosco about these pools. They should not sale this junk to their dedicated customers.

• De
    deb562 Jun 27, 2010

I too have been a victim of the 635, I spent a fortune trying to clean my pool out and it was not strong enough, I finally opened it the wheel fan thing on the magnet was broke to pieces I wish some one would send all the complaints to BBB and to Intex I don't have money for another one so we have no where to swim the rivers, lakes and creeks are filthy and you can't get in them.

mayank shrivas May 07, 2010

i purchased an intex in6622 phone from sanjay colection m.p. nagar, Bhopal which turned to b defctive, i went to the satyam moble which is intex mobile service centre .
    after 15 days they replaced my mobile with new one . but that handset was aslo defectiv one . I aked for anther handset from the service centre they said wat for another ten days .
    i am very annoyed with intex services please do reply or take any action against the service centre .

D.D Shrivas
    city - bhopal
    mob. [protected]

• Ku
    kumarkshyp Mar 04, 2010

Speaker is not working properly.

• dr.rajan singh Aug 29, 2009

service senter valo ne mera mobile abhi tak nahi diya jisko 2 maheene hochuke hain.

intexsux Aug 10, 2009

For the two dumb ### that posted before Jon Herren, you probably have the smaller kiddie pools, and if not then you were dumb enough to spend money for additional equipment just to make the Intex pool work! The people complaining are not the problem, the problem is that Intex is a pathetic excuse for a business! Their pumps are worthless pieces of ### considering the pumps sold with the large pools are the same pumps the kiddie pools use! Yeah, there is no need to put sand but if you read it, you would know that for the easy-set pools the ground has to be level, so what better way to do that than by adding sand? Yes, you get what you pay for but in this case you have to go beyond that. You have to understand the problem and see the complaints are made more strongly because of the ### customer service and the rude attitude received by the Intex employees.
    In my case, I bought the 18x48 easy set pool. We set it up and even added the saltwater system. It took a while to get the chemicals balanced and it got algae in the meantime. The vacuum was doing a good job of sucking it up but the pool stayed green, until we noticed that the dirty crap was coming back into the pool!!! We changed filters every time we cleaned it but all the stuff wasnt getting collected by the filter it was just going right through and back in the pool! So HOW the hell am I supposed to get this pool clean! I called and they said the filter was bad and that its just not meant to clean that well and is just not strong enough for that size pool! HEREIN LIES THE PROBLEM...WHY SELL IT WITH THIS PIECE OF ### PUMP IF YOU KNOW IT CANT DO THE JOB ITS SUPPOSED TO DO???!!! Forget the money I forked out for the pool, the chemicals, the saltwater system, the sweat and tears, they sold it knowing it cant do what its supposed to do! Its the principal behind it, that they are doing this knowing that you dont want to dump out your pool or crush your childrens dreams of having a pool, so you have to go out there and spend MORE money on another pump, on a saltwater system, on another tarp, on filters, etc. etc. just to make it work and by the time you realize its not even you, its them, banking on you, by then your warranty has run out and they werent going to and definitely will not do anything for you now! At this point I dont care if they send me a new one! What for? I want my money back!

Jon Herren Aug 03, 2009

YES I am a fool. I bought one pool 18x48 for 300 from Wal-Mart (thought woohoo I got a good deal since it was on sell) and then commenced to buy 3 Motors in a years time. Before the last pump I decided to buy a NON Intex pump and went to our local pool and spa dealer to look at pumps. They said you could not make a non Intex pump work so I bought a larger Intex model hopeing it would be better built; alas crap only begets crap, didnt even get a half seaon out of the pump. And had same problems calling Intex as everyone else. I see from the above article that someone else found a way to make a non Intex pump work so if they can do it I will to.

• Ia
    iamSOFAkingWEtoddED Jul 30, 2009

This year I used a half bottle of Stabilizer in our 15' round Intex Pool and the water has been extremely clear all summer. At the end of each month, I add about another 1/2 Stabilizer and the Clorine Tablets in the little ducks take care of the rest. I use the round Sun Solar Air rings which make a great air mattress. No slipping off, like laying on a giant left. The pool is great, especially when buying it at year end 50% off at Target. The pump is a little 800GPH pump and is about as strong as a good beer whiz, so I just bought a new 4, 000GPH Pump. I see that the current 1" hose is a clamp type and the new one is a 1 1/2" Screw Type. I'm sure they don't make an adapter that will allow me to use the new Inlet and Outlet without reducing down to a 1" again and ruining the pump. SO...tomorrow I take out my exacto knife and will cut me a bigger hole in the lining to accomodate the new 1 1/2 Inlet and Outlet. If the lining rips or tears during this, then I'm out a new liner, but in 2 months Target will have them on sale for 50% off again, and I'll simply buy a new pool. $125. for a 15'x4' pool is nothing compared to a $20K pool installed. I have no tears or complaints about Intex. Come on people, this is a POOL that you buy from Target or ToysrUs. What are you expecting???? A day at the Hilton?? Do you realize how much time and crying you have spent already?? More than the cost of another pool. whaa whaa whaa, Intex doesn't love me. Its a Toy PooL. If you want to cry about something, cry about the fact that China OWNS 60% of United States and Barack Baby is about to hand over more. Then 100% of our stuff will be Crap.

• Sh
    shhhucantcme Jul 24, 2009

Geeeeeeeeez what yahoo's! I cant beleive some of these posts pertaining to money lost on soil and sand to level the ground for an intex pool. Just goes to show howtupid people can be.
    It clearly states on the box and in the directions that you must set it up on stable ground with no addition of soil or sand
    Further more from experience if you just call in during the warranty time you will get a new pump

I would bet that 75% or more wouldnt be having a problem if they new what the hell they were doing
    I have had the same 24x52 salt water set up this being the 3rd season with no problems at all

That includes the same cartridge that came with the pool

Never cloudy or any algea either, so learn how to maitain a pool and quit whining

Intex sucks Jul 16, 2009

Okay, EVERYONE MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THIS FROM THE BBB:

This is the rating from the BBB:BBB Reliability Report for
    Intex Recreation Corp.

RATING: F
    Rating Explanation: We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.

Intex sucks Jul 16, 2009

Oh My Gosh, I just got off of the phone with Intex...the first rep hung up on me and said there was nothing she could do and this conversation was over...the second one transferred me to a supervisor. I too, have the 18x48 and his stand was, well, we abide by the standards set forth and the pump is large enough...I told him it is not, I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars at Leslie Pools for products trying to make my pool clear and even Leslie Pool says the pumps are crap..he says well you can buy a larger pump...I told him that was a sucky way to make additional revenue and he says that is not how we make our money. I asked him, why, then, why, would this many consumers, be upset? Why don't you just make it right? Why would you not just sell the pool with the right size pump? Why do you want to field all of these complaints? He just kept on repeating the same thing, over and over again. His name is Ed. I told him, there are plenty of consumer watchdogs out there and I would begin contacting each of them unless he makes it right, he told me to go ahead. They do not care to do the right thing, they do not care that the consumers are not happy. It is sad, very, very sad and I intend to let everyone know how Intex does business.

• Qu
    Quinlynn Jun 24, 2009

Seems like a class action suit might be the way to go with the multi level of complaints. However this is a small claim given the amount of money you spend on this oversized rubber. I am so glad I read ths site before I purchased one of these pools for a thousand dollars. I knew though that a 90 day warranty was a WARNING sign and it stated on the box DO NOT RETURN TO STORE. However for a lawsuit with this crap company let me throw another warning sign up on the table: They will be back in business next year under another name with a total different look. So buyer beware of any cheap soft pool.