InterrentDamage excess refund

29/05/2016
Dear sir,
I rented a car from Interrent through rentalcars, pick-up and drop off at Florence International airport on 19/05/16 till 23/05/16, with booking reference number [protected]. The price breakdown was total € 127, 14.
That was an amendment, about 5-6 hours before the pick-up time (free as advertised) of original booking reference number [protected] and only for the part of the pick-up of the car, from Rome Fiumicino airport to Florence airport. All the other conditions as such dates, price, damage excess refund etc, remains as was on the original booking reference number [protected]. The price breakdown was car hire charge €52, 45, damage excess refund € 59, 52, total €111, 97.
You replied to me by e-mail that I have to pay the additional difference of € 15, 17 between the booking reference number [protected] (€ 127, 14) minus (€ 111, 97) booking reference number [protected].
I have to mentioned that the type of the car I booked was a Ford fiesta (firefly) and was change to Fiat panda (interrent), because you couldn’t supply the same car.
When I returned the car to interrent office at Florence airport the staff who attends the office, found a very small scratch on the paint on the upper side of the left back wing.
She told me that she has to charge me for the damage. I answered that when I booked the car (rentalcars) I paid for the damage excess refund. She told that she knows nothing about this and nothing is included, and will have to charge my credit card and if I have any complaints I have to contact the rentalcars and not with the interrent.
Because I was in hurry, and I was late to catch my flight, I asked her to send me a photo with the damage to me by e-mail, and to also send a full detailed invoice. She said ok, but on till today I have never received anything. In general the staff was very unhelpful and a little rude with not enough knowledge of the English language.
My bank by sms informed me that the interrent has charged me twice the amount of € 298, 97 (two hundred ninety eight euro and ninety seven cents) which means a total € 597, 94. Also they have not yet cancelled the deposit of € 800, 00 from my credit card after the drop-off of the car.
Please explain to me and make clear why I have to pay this extraordinary additional charge beyond the mentioned amount in price breakdown booking. Also I would like a detailed price breakdown of the booking reference number [protected], because the car hire charge for 4 days is € 53, 92, (as advertised) so what is the difference charge to me of € 73, 22.
Also I notice that in the cancellation of the booking reference number [protected] in the price breakdown there is a charge of a cancellation fee € 83, 98. I don’t understand why there is a cancellation fee and why I have to pay, when I make an amendment and you advertised that it is free of charge.
I am waiting for your reply as soon as possible.
Yours sincerely
Nikolaos Tsamis
e-mail : [protected]@gmail.com

Ni
May 29, 2016

Comments

• Ca
      May 03, 2017

Hi. Have this been resolved now? I am in a similar situation.

Caroline

• Ev
      Oct 17, 2018

1. The free shuttle has never arrived. We waited 50 minutes in the heat, ordered the shuttle several times during this time.
    2. Had to take a taxi that cost us 14.60 euro
    3. Customer service informed us that they won't take my bank card. Eventhough in France there is no such a thing as credit or debit card. We had enough on the card
    to make the deposit 'pending' this has always worked.
    4. We ended up paying 267euro instead of 70 as we had to take the full insurance (no choice there)
    5. Avoid this company! Rude customer service, very expensive, outside of the airport, free shuttle may come may not
    6. We were told to e-mail our taxi receipt to customer service, here is the reply from Interrent: 'According to our records, our services were fully functional at your arrival time.
    We regret to inform you that the charges with your rental will be kept as per our terms and conditions and the previously sent rental documents. '
    Overall I'm surprised that this place is still running.