Intelius.com / fraud/identity theft

1 Saint Cloud, FL, United States Review updated:

I paid $22.95 for a background check for my husband which provided me with no information. After I paid them there were 3 fraudulent charges made to my card. I cancelled my card with my bank and when I spoke to a representative at Intelius she was very rude and hung up on me. A few minutes later my phone rang and I recognized the voice as being the customer service rep. I dealt with and she told me "You better watch your back b**** because I know where you live"Don't ever use this unreputable co.!

Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 22, 2009

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

An

Comments

Pe
  22nd of Apr, 2008

On the 13th of April I went to Intelius to help me find relatives and was charged $49.99 twice. I did not order that amount even once. I wrote to you stating my complaint and was told I would have my money returned to my account in 7 days. the seven days have come and gone and I am out $100.00. I am on a fixed income and because of your inconsideration I now have checks bouncing around that I cannot pay let alone the overdraft price. If you have any compassion at all you would return my money to my account. PLEASE help me. Thank you, Penny Luccketta

Ja
  28th of Apr, 2009

I was ripped of by Intelius too. Months ago I foolishly used this company to look up a high school friend (never did get any info on her). it cost .95 to do the look-up. Okay, fine. Now I realize I have been charged 19.95 a month for what? I have no idea. I never signed up for anything. Lying cheats!!! Haveto get a new check card. Sad that these scam artists have control of banks. WTF?????