[Resolved] Intelius.com / fraud/identity theft
I paid $22.95 for a background check for my husband which provided me with no information. After I paid them there were 3 fraudulent charges made to my card. I cancelled my card with my bank and when I spoke to a representative at Intelius she was very rude and hung up on me. A few minutes later my phone rang and I recognized the voice as being the customer service rep. I dealt with and she told me "You better watch your back b**** because I know where you live"Don't ever use this unreputable co.!
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 22, 2009
If you select a promotional price on the Intelius website, you will also receive a free 7 day trial of Identity Protect. After the 7 day trial, it will convert to a regular subscription and bill out at $19.95 monthly.
However, there’s no obligation. If you determine within the 7 day trial that you no longer want Identity Protect, you can cancel your service anytime, online or over the phone with a customer support representative.
Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.
More Intelius.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Intelius - stop billing me 
- [Resolved] Intelius People Search - www.intelius.com - intelius - beware it's a rip-off! 
- [Resolved] Int*intelius Sb - I was charged and have no idea what that is 
- Ino*intelius.com / Sb - repeated unauthorized charges 
- [Resolved] Intelius - scam 
- Intelius - scam!!! they are stealing my money!!! 
- Intelius - complaint 
- [Resolved] Intelius - kuttimani anbazhagan - wanted criminal by tamilnadu police - loc issued - gc holder - absconding and trying to get us citizenship
- Intelius - misleading advertising 
- Intelius - intelius removed money from my bank account without my explicit knowledge or permission.