Indian Railway / making the train travel worse
Indian Railway department is showing all its negligence to wards Karnataka people. This is visible in all the actions and execution of Bangalore Mangalore train service.
1. The project of meter gauge to broad gauge took almost more than 14 years, where the initial meter gauge project itself completed in 15 years with construction 56 tunnel in the difficult western ghats of India. This shows that Central railway department is deliberate in delaying the project to facilitate the private bus owners to rule the route.
2. Finally the Mangalore Bangalore train service has been chugged off on 8th December 2007. But this was just an eye wash from the railway department. They are forced to start the train service which was inevitable because of too much thrust by locals from Mangalore and many social activists. So the only way that Indian railway officials can serve the private bus owners bribe is just to make a longer route so that travel by train will take longer than the bus journey. So they made a route via Mangalore-Hasan-Mysore-Bangalore which is more than 500Kms. Where actually the bus route is 360Kms only. Bus journey takes about 8 hours from Mangalore to Bangalore but train journey takes more than 12 hours and still not on schedule, may get delayed due to railway station masters their own reason. The promise of starting a train via Arasikere or Shravanabelagola is still under planning but just in word as it was before.
Today this was clearly visible in their view, i was traveling from Mangalore to Bangalore with my family. Train started at 7:45PM from Mangalore, reached Hasan at 3:00 AM. The reason was that in ghat section there was speed restriction due to rain. We reached Mysore at 6:30AM, but we reached Bangalore at 11:00AM, can you believe it? the reason was that since the train was delayed and out of schedule station master cant change the slot for other train and the train which is late has to wait until the track gets free.
In Ramanagar it was above people's patience and all started shouting at the station master. Train was stopped for about 1 hour saying the track is not free for the next one hour. But finally when people started shouting and came with complaint letter addressing higher authority station master made few arrangements to depart in 10 mins. I had a complete glance how the bribe money from bus owners works with Indian railway officials.
Being a common citizen could do nothing but please some representative take some action to improve the Mangalore Bangalore connectivity train service.
More Indian Railway Complaints & Reviews
- Indian Railways - illegal passengers! 
- Indian Railways - poor facilities 
- Indian Railways - ticket issue problem for physically handicapped person 
- Indian Railway - excessive rate of food by the pantry car service 
- Indian Railways - officials corruption 
- Indian Railways - attendants misbehavior in 2ac. 
- Indian Railways - no refund issued in case of train late more than 3 hours later cancelled
- Centre For Railway Information Systems - misbehaving of the reservation ticket issuing officer at railway counter (simhachalam)
- Indian Railway - refund of cancellation of ticket at city station, lucknow counter
- Indian Railway - theft of mobile phone