IMVU / IMVU

1 Robbinsdale, MN, United States Review updated:

I think that imvu is a waste of time.I think the game is completley unfair.They dont give you any credits.They lie about what you can do to get them.And I think the people on there are disrespectful.They are always cuesing.And alot of people on there are stuck up.And they dont know how to act respectful.I think that the people who created this game are stupid.There whole company should shut down.This imvu game sucks.It is the worst online game that I have ever played.I will not suggest this game to my friends.And I will never play this game again!

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Mi
      1st of Apr, 2009

I have had an avatar on IMVU for the past 15 months (MidnightsFire2099) and had purchased the Access Pass, VIP pass and lots of credits. On 3/27/09 I went to log onto my account only to find it had been disabled. I contacted IMVU and they sent me a list of things to try to restore my account. I did them all and nothing worked. I finally filed a help ticket (ticket# 55565-896283) and was told that I would receive a reply within the next two business days to resolve the issue. Two days went by and nothing. I contacted them again and they sent me a link to review and update the status of my ticket. I click onto the link and it tells me that I am not authorized to view this ticket. I contact them again and they won't even reply to me. Basically I have been robbed of everything I had acquired over the 15 months. Rooms, furniture, clothing, accessories, skins, furniture, credits, etc. Over that 15 months I have spent roughly $200 customizing my avatar and rooms as well as making friends and a good rep on IMVU only to have it all disabled by the company without so much as a reason why or a '[censored] You' from them. Had I done this to someone in the real world, get someone to invest their hard earned money into my company and then taken it all from them I would be charged with every fraud crime under the sun! I feel that IMVU has cheated and robbed me and should be held liable for their actions. I may have to pursue legal action against the company if they continue to ignore me.

• Aa
      22nd of Apr, 2010

People, gees. I do agree that some people on there are jerks, and I have reported people because of the things they were saying. It was awful Dx BUT there is no reason to diss everyone on the site, because I really highly doubt that anyone of you know over 10, 000 people and thats just a small amount of the people on there.
    I also do agree that imvu needs to help its users more. I am a Vip but they never gave me my 5, 000 credits for the months december and jan. But, because of this, I got a refund for those two months soon after I reported the problem. That though is the only help I've ever gotten from them, and I have reported several problems.
    I also have one more thing to say: WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE WASTEING YOUR TIME DISSING PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW?? To me, that makes you the dumb ###, the mother ###er, the what-ever-cuss-word-that-makes-you-seem-low-lifed-which-you-probably-are, because thats judging people without knowing them first. Which is s t u p i d.
    MHM.

• Ra
      13th of Feb, 2011

who ever decided to judge all imvu user of course was a total idiot because imvu is a great game it allows you to earn about 2500 a day! that means that your able to make 75000 credits a month for free just for review products if you ask me this is a great opportunity for users over +18 ( if your not 18 then just lie you'll get better offers ) thought because the catalog has very explicit clothing to review but after that is a great experience you have many ways to make credits and people who whine that they cant get them is because your to lazy to work at it. i have had my avatar since 09 and i have beyond clothing i have more clothing them some VIP and AP and i am still a guest and never have pay real money for credits you guys just make the best with what you have & btw if your new imvu gives you 1, 500credits for making your first avatar 200credits for connecting to your my yearbook account. 100credits for donating money to it. you can start making reviews after 3 months of using imvu but they give u 1000credits for downloading the toolbar then 300 a month just having it install stop whining you can find good people in the game i found so many people that are so nice and some strangers that give me gift for Christmas & if you get your friends to join you get 1, 500credits just for them joining imvu & 500credits for liking imvu on Facebook, 500credits for downloading imvu to your iPhone or the iPod touch. so start behaving like grown ups and stop blaming them for you not having credits they have great offers which offer you lots of credits . before you go judging a website so harshly try it out and try to solve the problem if its money or credits then try to solve it because think about you just got your facts right by a 14 year old girl :) ( thats what dumbness & foolishness gets you to) if you don't like it keep it to yourself because not everybody has the same taste in games or activity as you. its a place where you can go have whatever ever wanted and makes you pick your life and how you wanted it its so wonderful in my opinion Oh and if you don't want to waste your free credits here is a tip STOP buying inappropriate stuff imvu strictly forbids NUDE clothing its not there fault you don't follows they rules & when disable you its just like real life you go naked to the mall they take you to jail and you guys are so stupid your gonna say its the judges fault huh? because if you do good luck that & i hope you enjoy jail lots my friend :) imvu has rules and if you don't follow them your avatar gets taken away so don't blame them for your consequences.

• Sk
      18th of Aug, 2010

._. Some people are trolling ... well on imvu's behalf i will say this Two camels in a tiny car, kay? you dun like imvu then dun play the stupid game, you must have done something bad to get disabled or get reported alot by your haters. really why troll over this.. me i spent over 400$ on imvu when i think anout yuh it was a waste.. yet i still keep buying credits. SO shut your trolling mouth and don't pay for games you might get disabled on or just be a good person and not be such a troll all the time no wonder people dun like you on the game

• To
      2nd of Aug, 2010

I, personally, love IMVU. I have created a fairly successful business creating and selling virtual products, and so far have made a profit of about $200 over the past few months ("Credits" used to create the products and used to buy stuff for my avatar deducted).
    However, IMVU is TERRIBLE at answering complaints, as usually it takes 3-4 weeks for my questions to be answered, but usually they set it straight in the end, and I rarely have problems with the site.
    It does cost money. I won't deny that. And "noobs" are heckled in some chatrooms, but I found that if you stick around for a month or so, people get more respectful and you are able to weed out the bad chatrooms where swearing and sexual comments are common, and stick with chatrooms that you prefer. I've made quite a few good friends and penpals on IMVU... you just have to stick around and find the good people :]

• Di
      15th of Aug, 2010

I've been using IMVU for nearly a year, I experienced one single problem with them and that was I couldn't play any mixes and I bough alot of music so I was upset.I sent them a message and they said to uninstall and reinstall and I did and my mixes still didnt work so i updated my ticket and a few days later it worked again! I was so happy, Imvu in no way interferes with my social life or my school work and anyone who lets IMVU do that is a complete imbecile..People are rude on IMVU and not only there in rl too so when people say they wont go there cause the people are rude it makes me wonder if people aren't rude all over.People need to buy their [censor] and stop being so cheap and if you can't afford it, just dont play!! Simple as that.To be honest the graphics aren't [censor] either, its really nice and a friend told me its nicer than any online chat she ever played including second life etc..Someone reported me on IMVU and they sent me a message but I was never disabled and IMVU is a business and like any business the most important goal is to actually make money so yes they have some steps in place to make sure that they do, Is that a crime!! Stop being so cheap and play of don't..IMVU must be really important for you all to be here making complaints, me on the other hand just a lil bored and had a good laugh reading all this crap :)

• Be
      23rd of Aug, 2010

stfu everbodyy!!! okz? iif u hatee imvu thenn juz quit talkin bout it n tak it out of ur figgin mind... y da hell were u thinkin wen u found imvu? huh? maybe cuz u shouldnt of funkin made 1 kuz liek forrealz watz da hell idc if u aggredd haterz

• Be
      23rd of Aug, 2010

no watz a waste of time is u makin a imvu for no reason n u makin thiz account watz next? u thinkin ur website account is wronq on bein type or not write on cussin they cuss here 2 n its a waste of time 2 duh

18th of Nov, 2010

Perhaps you should pay better attention in class. Vista is perfectly fine for running imvu. I, and 50, 000 more use it. Memory is a key issue for running imvu. You won't run it in a satisfactory state, using one gig. It can be run on 1 gig. I do it on my desktop. Also, some of your crashes may be derived from old technology. I do not recommend running the program on a 10 yr old comp. Get something new. If you can't afford something new, coming here and whining about it will not change the way the program runs. Imvu is not going to alter the program to suit your needs. It's a social community people. Not a pleasure world, created to suit your needs, and your needs alone. Stick around, and see what comes of it. If you're not happy with it, move on. Nothing lost.

18th of Nov, 2010

One more thing. There are several beta acknowledgements tor imvu. Viruses can be received through site access. But, that's any site you travel to. (Most)"Beta would never introduce a product that has viruses!-Nikkidaboss" Are you seriously expecting anyone to believe that you know ANYTHING about computers, with the [censor]ic statements you are making? Dude, stfu. Beta didn't introduce imvu, [censor]. Beta is the status imvu is in. Beginner program. An open beta version is one released to the general public, intended to provide the functionality, whilst also using arising errors to fix existing issues in the application. Dude, stop feeding this people your ignorance, and go back to preschool. People, you have the sense to know that the complexity of this program is not of child-like nature. You will need a few things to run it. But not a super computer. No massive video card is needed. A factory listed, low level desktop, with one gig of memory, will run imvu. Not great. But it will run it. And, Vista runs imvu fine. Most of the people there use Vista. I use it. My avatar name is LestatsPrince. I develop, and have cool [censor] friends. Find us. We'll show you what it's about, and how to enjoy it. Thanks.

• Co
      23rd of Jul, 2011

First of all, Most of you need to shut the ### up. I hate how all the noobs start complaining about how they dont get credits even though it promotes surveys an all that jazz.THINK a little they are a company they do also need there money and if your poor to buy credits then SHUT THE ### UP! annoying ### these days. .

• Sh
      19th of Aug, 2009

imvu sucks...crappy people crappy graphics...I was a member for 3 days and I got spammed by them...they are idiots and everyone who uses it is an idiot. everytime i hear imvu i spit...seriously

9th of Jun, 2018

Meu imvu só vem 4k eu quero 12k por favor 😃

• Al
      10th of Feb, 2010

All of the problems you people have I've never experienced. Or anyone I know that uses it. I use my school laptop, 1 gig of ram and can run IMVU plus several tabs on the internet and everything runs just fine. It's never crashed my computer and the graphics are way better than most virtual sites. Think of like Runescape? Millions of people play that and the graphics suck and it's slow as hell. Unlike most virtual sites you don't have to pay anything to sign up. No one forces you to buy credits. There are other ways to get them. And you start out with the promo credits which is enough to get a few things. I have several good friends on there so not everyone is bad. I've been on and off IMVU several years now, many different accounts and have yet to experience any problems with it.

• Th
      25th of Apr, 2012

imvu hater, that could have happened with anything. any game could have been the rp location.

• Th
      12th of Dec, 2013

Zippy that is one of the first level headed comments I have seen here(opinion) yet. As for you block, sounds like you found a dcma hole that you didn't see and violated. The imvu staff is very supportive of customers (last I spoke to them a month ago).

• Ni
      30th of Oct, 2010

imvu is not a scam, or a waste or time! beta would never introduce a product that has viruses. if they did, they wouldn't have one of the internet's largest social networks. the only reason some computers get slow with imvu, is that 1 imvu is a high quality graphic and digital game, winch requires xp not vista and windows 7 is acceptable. reason 2 your computer isn't fully equipped witch means the DVDs digital card not a cheap one, adobe, the latest flash player, and more than 123000 gm and or ram and over 4500 RAM. 3 IS BECAUSE YOU ALREADY HAD VIRUSES. AND BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO PAY MONEY DOSE NOT MAKE IT A WASTE OF TIME IMVU IS FOR TEENS AND ADULTS THAT SHOULD HAVE A JOB. I'M 16 AND I CAN WALK OVER TO CVS PHARMACY AND GET A VISA GIFT CARD FOR 20$ AND KEEP ADDING MONEY TO SHOP ONLINE. YOU MUST BE STUPID POOR IF TOU DON'T HAVE 20$.

• Ni
      30th of Oct, 2010

imvu dose not give you a virus. your computer just dose not have the material. there is allot of requirements for beta programs, and thats what they did wrong not telling users about that. but, imvu will slow down your computer no questions asked. look at your computer. how much gm, RAM, DIGITAL MEMORY AND KM W/ GIGS DO YOU HAVE? DO U HAVE AN EXCPENCIVE GRAPHICS CARD? DO YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING: XP, WINDOWS 7? (VISTA IS A BAD IDEA FOR IMVU)AND JUST BECAUSE UR TO POOR TO PAY, DOSE NOT MEAN THAT IMVU IS A WASTE OF MONEY. IMVU IS FOR 16+ AND 16 IS OLD ENOUGH TO MAKE 25 BUCKS, GO TO A LOCAL PHARMACY BUY A GREEN DOT RELABEL CARD OR A VISA GIFT CARD AND USE IT TO BUY VIP. VISA GIFT CARDS AREN'T EVEN IN YOUR NAME IT'S JUST A CARD. I'M 11 YEARS OLD AND I GO TO HUG TECH SO I KNOW ABOUT COMPUTERS IMVU IS NOT A MALE-WAR OR SPYWARE IT'S A DIGITAL SOCIAL NETWORK THAT REQUIRES SOMETHING MOST COMPUTERS DO NOT HAVE.

• Xm
      29th of Nov, 2010

Hello i am playing IMVU for 2 years now and i only got one of my account disabled . but i have no complaints . imvu got the vip on 99 cents and some people can use it to earn money (pay for vip and sell credits) i have 5 vips accounts and a developer i use to earn real money . imvu is a good way for me to earn money

30th of Dec, 2010

@bigdogsaysWOOF12. Judging by your grammar, I highly doubt you are 10 yrs old. Some of you people should grow up. If you don't want to play it, then don't. Simple as that. Posting your ignorance on here is nothing more than a comedic event. I do not see anyone leaving due to your [censor]ing and whining. If you are 10, which I don't believe, it doesn't say much for your parents. But, you're a bit older. It's obvious. Just an older whiney brat. It's funny as hell. Get off the net loser. Stop hating on the people that aren't stupid, and can actually hold a conversation, and therefore enjoy the benefits imvu offers. So, in short, for the grace of not indulging myself too deeply into your endless ignorance, I say this., , /, , LestatsPrince