IMVU / imvu

1 Robbinsdale, MN, United States Review updated:

I think that imvu is a waste of time.I think the game is completley unfair.They dont give you any credits.They lie about what you can do to get them.And I think the people on there are disrespectful.They are always cuesing.And alot of people on there are stuck up.And they dont know how to act respectful.I think that the people who created this game are stupid.There whole company should shut down.This imvu game sucks.It is the worst online game that I have ever played.I will not suggest this game to my friends.And I will never play this game again!

Comments

• Be
      23rd of Aug, 2010

stfu everbodyy!!! okz? iif u hatee imvu thenn juz quit talkin bout it n tak it out of ur figgin mind... y da hell were u thinkin wen u found imvu? huh? maybe cuz u shouldnt of funkin made 1 kuz liek forrealz watz da hell idc if u aggredd haterz

• Be
      23rd of Aug, 2010

no watz a waste of time is u makin a imvu for no reason n u makin thiz account watz next? u thinkin ur website account is wronq on bein type or not write on cussin they cuss here 2 n its a waste of time 2 duh

• To
      24th of Aug, 2010

i think imvu is great but let the people get on without registering or downloading it's totally unfair that way

• Ye
      9th of Sep, 2010

Imvu disabled my account that i payed for!! why r they allowed 2 permanently ban without warning!? they STEAL ur MONEY!!

• Im
      10th of Sep, 2010

This whole game sucks! It's just that they don't give even a single centavo credit everyday. They have to wait for days to launch events that would let them give away credits.
    How will the poor people withstand the discrimination of the rich people on the game? You see, I'm one of the poor people around this game. Some would even say "NOOB" or they would even boot us. THEY'RE TOTAL PARANOIDS! So please, give us even a single centavo credit everyday. That's just my suggestion. To sum up all of this, IMVU INC. IS POOR. [ NO OFFENSE ] ENJOY THE POOR LIFE IMVU!

5th of Oct, 2010

Imvu is a beta game. It has issues. You take a risk playing anything online. I don't feel anyone should be ignored, but naturally, you are not the only person they deal with. There are plenty of educated rooms, and educated people there. Look around. You're not the only intelligent person on imvu. Just because you had a bad experience, doesn't mean the whole program "sucks". It's an amazing opportunity for open-minded people to communicate with others across the globe. Just like anywhere else, there are immature idiots there. But keeping clear of them isn't as hard as you make it out to be. I find it hilarious how people just slander anything that doesn't exceed their expectations. I have been there for quite some time. I had a previous avi that got deleted. I had over $2000 in it. Sometimes, it's the price you pay. You shouldn't have to. But, what can you do? Whine about it? That accomplishes nothing. I have an avi now with over $5000 in it. I develop, and play in numerous competitions. If i lose this avi, it's hard to say if i'll create another. But, i have made some wonderful friends there, that i communicate with in rl. Imvu is what you make of it. If you choose not to be there, it wont matter to them. 1000 others will take your place. Whether you're there or not, the idiots will be. It's life, in a machine. Deal with it, or don't. Your choice. LestatsPrince

5th of Oct, 2010

yes very stupid indeed why would you PAY MONEY FOR FAKE CLOTHES!?! while you CAN buy REAL clothes and other acceserys in real life. it seems as that site is for rich people so they can waste mony on fake VIRTUAL clothes? WTF? now I understand actual gaming is different that makes sense and can be worth it as times however for a stupid avatar you need to pay money? and 150$ for what a stuck-ip avatar. mow with 150$ I can buy real ICP clothes for my real self or buy myself 3 hackable PSP phats. I think you should earn the cloths llike MOST vid-games out there with FAKE game money. also if you want a cool avatar you can draw one yourself witch is fully customizable.

30th of Oct, 2010

imvu is not a scam, or a waste or time! beta would never introduce a product that has viruses. if they did, they wouldn't have one of the internet's largest social networks. the only reason some computers get slow with imvu, is that 1 imvu is a high quality graphic and digital game, winch requires xp not vista and windows 7 is acceptable. reason 2 your computer isn't fully equipped witch means the DVDs digital card not a cheap one, adobe, the latest flash player, and more than 123000 gm and or ram and over 4500 RAM. 3 IS BECAUSE YOU ALREADY HAD VIRUSES. AND BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO PAY MONEY DOSE NOT MAKE IT A WASTE OF TIME IMVU IS FOR TEENS AND ADULTS THAT SHOULD HAVE A JOB. I'M 16 AND I CAN WALK OVER TO CVS PHARMACY AND GET A VISA GIFT CARD FOR 20$ AND KEEP ADDING MONEY TO SHOP ONLINE. YOU MUST BE STUPID POOR IF TOU DON'T HAVE 20$.

30th of Oct, 2010

imvu dose not give you a virus. your computer just dose not have the material. there is allot of requirements for beta programs, and thats what they did wrong not telling users about that. but, imvu will slow down your computer no questions asked. look at your computer. how much gm, RAM, DIGITAL MEMORY AND KM W/ GIGS DO YOU HAVE? DO U HAVE AN EXCPENCIVE GRAPHICS CARD? DO YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING: XP, WINDOWS 7? (VISTA IS A BAD IDEA FOR IMVU)AND JUST BECAUSE UR TO POOR TO PAY, DOSE NOT MEAN THAT IMVU IS A WASTE OF MONEY. IMVU IS FOR 16+ AND 16 IS OLD ENOUGH TO MAKE 25 BUCKS, GO TO A LOCAL PHARMACY BUY A GREEN DOT RELABEL CARD OR A VISA GIFT CARD AND USE IT TO BUY VIP. VISA GIFT CARDS AREN'T EVEN IN YOUR NAME IT'S JUST A CARD. I'M 11 YEARS OLD AND I GO TO HUG TECH SO I KNOW ABOUT COMPUTERS IMVU IS NOT A MALE-WAR OR SPYWARE IT'S A DIGITAL SOCIAL NETWORK THAT REQUIRES SOMETHING MOST COMPUTERS DO NOT HAVE.

• Gu
      4th of Nov, 2010

As a long time user of imvu I feel I need to point out a management flaw in the way the service is run. Instead of fixing long standing existing bugs in the client, they continue to add new features, many that the users scream they do not want. Until imvu gets their act together, it is not a wise investment of anyone's money. If someone needs to try it out, do not waste any money upgrading to an AP account, the experience is the same. Safety appears to be a secondary concern to imvu also. They have a report for abuse system for the users, but all they ever do is give copy and paste responses to support requests that they obviously have not read. Every time you file a ticket to report abuse and you state all of the steps you have already taken to stop it, they will send you a copy and paste message back telling you to do what you have already stated you have done. They have inadequate age confirmation systems in place, so that children can get access to the more adult portion of the site, and predators can and do easily pose as minors.

18th of Nov, 2010

Perhaps you should pay better attention in class. Vista is perfectly fine for running imvu. I, and 50, 000 more use it. Memory is a key issue for running imvu. You won't run it in a satisfactory state, using one gig. It can be run on 1 gig. I do it on my desktop. Also, some of your crashes may be derived from old technology. I do not recommend running the program on a 10 yr old comp. Get something new. If you can't afford something new, coming here and whining about it will not change the way the program runs. Imvu is not going to alter the program to suit your needs. It's a social community people. Not a pleasure world, created to suit your needs, and your needs alone. Stick around, and see what comes of it. If you're not happy with it, move on. Nothing lost.

18th of Nov, 2010

One more thing. There are several beta acknowledgements tor imvu. Viruses can be received through site access. But, that's any site you travel to. (Most)"Beta would never introduce a product that has viruses!-Nikkidaboss" Are you seriously expecting anyone to believe that you know ANYTHING about computers, with the [censor]ic statements you are making? Dude, stfu. Beta didn't introduce imvu, [censor]. Beta is the status imvu is in. Beginner program. An open beta version is one released to the general public, intended to provide the functionality, whilst also using arising errors to fix existing issues in the application. Dude, stop feeding this people your ignorance, and go back to preschool. People, you have the sense to know that the complexity of this program is not of child-like nature. You will need a few things to run it. But not a super computer. No massive video card is needed. A factory listed, low level desktop, with one gig of memory, will run imvu. Not great. But it will run it. And, Vista runs imvu fine. Most of the people there use Vista. I use it. My avatar name is LestatsPrince. I develop, and have cool [censor] friends. Find us. We'll show you what it's about, and how to enjoy it. Thanks.

20th of Nov, 2010

I agree i hate imvu it sucks balls..want to no why?i went to recovery and it tells me some random password and it wasnt it- i typed it in 50 times still...wait i just got a new one and it works wish me luck add me (Mera123123)

20th of Nov, 2010

wow dats cool and dat sux

20th of Nov, 2010

i love dis game but some people are disrespectful...:D but thats ok with me!

• Or
      21st of Nov, 2010

@fairJustice and @BADDARMYGRRL
    ...wow..you both are the reason why people don't like IMVU. You post your comment for people to see. This is a complaintsboard, so what do you expect? Each of you are telling and posing your opinions, so just because one of you like it, doesn't mean another will and just because one of you don't like it, doesn't mean another won't..you complain and complain and yes, so am I. Chill out, it's human nature. Don't be a hypocrite. Yes, there are the good things, but there are also the bad things. Many people have experienced bad things, but many people also have experienced good things. This is 2010 not 2009. It's changed and I'm sure I would know because I have been playing for about 4 years now. People are not as childish although some are. People are more serious and no, it's not all about dating and cybering. It may be more of a normal conversation it just depends which room you are in and who you are talking to. People talk express their opinions which is normal and if you don't like it, simply leave the room. Yes, there will always be [censor]s and people who will dislike you or hate you, but you may also make new, actual friends. That doesn't mean you have no life, in fact, you have an even greater life communication with people around the world, outside of your environment. Don't scream at each other for sharing their experience, that's what these comment texts are for. There's nothing wrong with that, but there is a limit. If you are full of rage, then stop talking to the other person, if you are confused, then ask! Well if it makes you feel better even just a little bit, there are games included now...if not, then that's obviously okay too. Look, the point is, acknowledge each other's opinion because they aren't always going to be the same, and it's normal..I mean..we are human...

• Ji
      22nd of Nov, 2010

I agree with you 100%
    Even the staff in the program are stupid do not respect the right of user

• Xm
      29th of Nov, 2010

Hello i am playing IMVU for 2 years now and i only got one of my account disabled . but i have no complaints . imvu got the vip on 99 cents and some people can use it to earn money (pay for vip and sell credits) i have 5 vips accounts and a developer i use to earn real money . imvu is a good way for me to earn money

• Im
      30th of Nov, 2010

Imvu has very poor customer service, they allow all the scams and than they charge your credit card and steal money from you and say your account has been disabled. Legal action should be taken against this website.

• Xm
      30th of Nov, 2010

IMVU isnt a scam it never stole money from me i got disabled but i think because i did somethiing wrong anyways if you dont like IMVU then shut up and stop playing it go find another game like second ife or world of warcraft