Imperial Parking Canada Corportion / Parking ticket

July 6th 08, I got a parking ticket in the Richmond Mall, Vancouver BC. The reason for the parking ticket was they only allow customer to park 3 hours in the mall. I'm a visitor. I've never heard parking time limit in the shopping mall. I spent 30 minutes to wait in the restaurant and did some shopping. (It's a 3 floors mall). I came back to my car with full hands and found a $40 parking ticket. So unfair. I can't believe how people live in Canada can stand this kind of rules. And, in the ticket even mention if I don't make the payment in 7 days, the price will be double. If I ignore the payment, the ticket will go to collection agency and it will effect my credit history. This is just totally not making sense how they treat outsider.

He

Comments

• Gl
      29th of Nov, 2008

These are not Canada's rules. This is a private corporation that has no legal right to issue tickets. Legally, all you owe is what would have been paid for an additional 3 hours (if the 3hours really did expire!) They do this to emulate the city tickets and intimidate people into paying these outrageous fines.

• Ro
      4th of Jan, 2009

My daughter parked my car in a lot run by Imperial Parking in Toronto. She never saw a ticket on the car, but I received, a month later, with no other notice, a "final" notice demanding payment of $68 with the threat of referral to a collection agency if I didn't pay. How can companies who behave like this be allowed to operate in our civilized country?

• So
      21st of Mar, 2009

Is there a chance to sue this company?
    We must start some action to get these corrupt companies out of Canada.
    Please if any of you have contact with a lawyer ask, there must be something we can do against these thieves.
    We can not let Canada to let these companies to grow and break our economic stability.
    This is even worst that a robbery, and the worst of all is that they don't even need any arm to get the money out from us.
    Where are we going to end letting this to still happening in Canada.

20th of Jul, 2009

Not only is the company a bunch of thieves who don't return phone calls, but they let thieves into a "secure parking" lot! I've been paying almost $200/month in a Toronto location, and have now had my car broken into twice in the last month. Thousands of dollars in damage - windows broken had to be replaced - and they don't even have the decency to call me back. I'm looking to take action - whether against the company/owner and the gov't... I rent this "stall" - others have been using in my absence (by thievery). There is supposed to be a gate down, which I had to pay access for - and they don't even use. I'm sorry - i'm ranting now - but this is ridiculous.