IKEA / assembly costs
Before I purchased the Besta TV entertainment center wall unit, I asked
about assembly, because I knew I could never do it myself. I was told by an IKEA employee, who had my "shopping list" in front of her, that it would be 10-20% of the purchase price. Okay, I could handle that, so I made the purchase, loaded the flat-bed carts to save on delivery charges, loaded my car, and drove home. I was too pooped to unload the car, so I got out the two business cards the IKEA employee gave me - little blue and yellow business cards that IKEA had an "arrangement with." When I got through to them, I was informed that it's NOT a percentage of the purchase price, you're charged by the PIECE. He said it would cost $385 for them to assemble the wall unit that cost $868. When I called IKEA to complain about being misled about the costs of assembly, they said, oh, you should have looked into that before you made the purchase. I guess speaking to the IKEA employee isn't checking into it? I got, oh, we don't have any control over those outside assembly people. Funny, the little blue and yellow business cards are passed out at IKEA and say "IKEA-certified installer" on them and I was told at IKEA that I would be charged 10-20%. I think it's a scam. They know darn good and well that if they told you it would cost HALF of the purchase price to get the darn thing assembled, you wouldn't buy their complicated furniture items in the first place.
More IKEA Complaints & Reviews
- Ikea Aneboda Bed Frame - ikea cheap furniture 
- Ikea Credit Card - ikea credit card is a drama! 
- Ikea / Brimnes Storage Bed - bad service/incorrect details 
- IKEA USA - don't shop there 
- IKEA - malm base and sulton fjordgard mattress - the worst 
- IKEA - restaurant
- IKEA Romania, Bucharest - installation furniture
- IKEA - goods not received
- IKEA - sti shipping company is unreliable!!
- IKEA - delivery of my order