Idearcmedia / Verizon Superpages.com / bad company alert advertising scam

Hello There. This is David Messenger of Truth.

The truth is that Verizon Yellow Pages and IdearcMedia etc. are 2 companies that have conducted business with me in an unprofessional manner.

I am advertising in their verizon yellow pages in Miami, Florida, and I have many issues with them ranging from artwork mistakes, no artwork proof given before they print book, internet campaign I had with them was not done right. They just don't seems to care about their customers at all. They just seem to care about money.

After they get your money, they forget about you. My rep given to me by they company "Christeannette Urban" #100245 is a rep who really working at IdearcMedia Verizon Yellow Pages for a pay check Only. When it come to taken care of customers, she really does not care just like the company she works for. Her supervisor Roslyn Parker is really there for a pay check. She does not care about fixing problems at all .

I have been doing business with verizon yellow pages for 2 ½ years with no problems. Now that I have a problem I have tried to fix it, and I called every phone number that I can find for their company. I spoke to many different people on their company from New York to Texas, Saint Petersburg, Hollywood Florida, to Jacksonville Florida and the list goes on and on. I just get transfered from one place to another no one knows how to help me or give me info to resolve my problems. I just keep getting transferred or giving a phone number to call etc.

Finally, I get to IdearcMedia Headquarters in Texas after a month and many hours of trying to figure out who can help me . Finally, I got somewhere somewhat but not one hundred percent till I sent a letter to their main headquarters in Texas, then I got a call from Mary Lee Atom who seemed to be the only one in their company who can help me. she said she will help me but after another month of talking, we still got nowhere. They don't seem to be considerate of the situation.

I have gone though which has cost me to date. $200,000 in lost revenue due to their lack of caring poor decisions ,poor responsive time to resolve issues, poor system in place to resolve issues, and the list goes on and on. This page was made to warn people in doing business with this bad company. IdearcMedia and Verizon yellow pages. you can add your complaints to this page so the truth can be told and heard.

Comments

• Ly
      11th of Feb, 2008

Thought you might be interested to hear that we have just filed a formal complaint with the Public Utilities Commission against Idearc and their Customer no-service company. Our attorney says all complaints need to be filed with the P.U.C.

Morbrook Institute
    A nonprofit agency

• Pu
      13th of Feb, 2008

no customer service, I signed on with Verizon in 2006, all the works, cards,magizine,superpages phone book. I am a small business owner with very little capitol, the advertising has cost me over $12000.00 to date and have gotten nothing in return. I signed on at office in levittown,Pa my rep Patrica Teaman & her boss
    questioned how is was going to be able to handle all the work I was going to get from advertising with verizon/Idearc. Note:I have only paid them a few thousand at this point & they have the collections people on me know, Why pay for something that dosent work !!!! and was told would have great results. I have attempted to reach people at Idearc in Pa & Texas. Spoke to some woman, dont recall her name & I explained my situation, she didnt care..Do I have any recourse?
    thanks
    jeff

• Ju
      19th of Nov, 2008

Verizon = Overhead: Just look at their TV ADs. They want you to see their team working 24/7 for you, I see a bunch of do-nothings doing what they do best "NOTHING". Pure NVAC (No Value Added Cost) overhead.
    I just got three sets of Verizon phone books tossed into my driveway. I live in an area zoned for single family. I have no account with Verizon but apparently I need three sets of phonebooks! Is this waste? incompetence or some combination of the two??? No wonder we need "Sir Charge". Someone has to pay for all this unnecessary overhead!

• Ga
      20th of Nov, 2008

I completely agree with the complaint. This is the worst every customer service experience I had with any company. Verizon/Idearc media partnership is formed just to mislead the customers. They dont have any straight forward pricing. Its always a catch somewhere, however careful you are. Their pay per click progam is a day robbery. They say it will be 20cents when you sign the contract, but fine prints have it that it can be upto I think about $2.00. What did I end up paying per click? $1.88, never it was 20 cents. But we dont have any other option other than to depend on these monopoly players, just like what happens with the Cable companies - Timewarner and Comcast.

• Cc
      6th of Feb, 2009

I completely agree with the sentiments posted before me on this page. The pay per click program in my view is an outright scam. When I first complained about the complete ineffectiveness of this program to my "Representative Randahl Lee", he assured me that I was just not giving the "program" enough time and that all of his other clients were "Very Happy" with the service. I received charges on my credit card for a combined total of about $600.00 for the first 2 months. After complaining that they had in fact put me in a search catagory that was getting hits for a completely different type of product, they supposedly agreed to credit my account which they did not.

• Sg
      22nd of Aug, 2009

I have a similar experience with this company and will never ever do any business with them. I want to warn everyone who is contemplating on burning their advertising dollars with these scam artist highway robbers to think twice before doing so. I provided my sales representative with a high resolution digital image of my ad designed by a professional graphic artist. They were supposed to provide me with a proof which they never did. What they printed was a smudgy, blurry and dark print. None of the key information for my business is readable on this ad. It just looks like the paper moved while copier was making copies. Upon notifying my sales rep of this problem, he disappeared on me, never returning my calls or emails. So I had to call their no-customer service line and launch a complaint. Weeks later someone emailed me saying that I have no rights at this time to a refund and best they can do is to give a discount towards future advertising. I emailed her back saying that I am not happy with this offer and it is unfair to pay in full for a poor quality product. She did not reply back to me.
    So, after waiting for a month and getting no response, I had to escalate my complaint to a regional manager. A month later another person from the regional no-customer service called me with a condescending tone and basically told me that this company has a no refund policy and this is my fault because the image I gave my sales rep was low quality. Upon informing her that she is basically lying to my face, she said goodbye and hung up on me! This is what a company who's tag line is "the Home of Super Guarantee" did to me. They basically robbed me of $9000 in advertising dollars (which I could have spent on a different venue to promote my business), gave me run around for 6 months and talked to me like a child on the phone. " You are Guaranteed to get Super Screwed.

• Li
      2nd of Oct, 2009

i agree with the complaints they promisses that they can't keep never saw the vedio crew they promiss you 25 account right off the bat you have to right a letter saying your out of business which never happen andrew D tore is a lier !