Idea / Irritating calls!

I bought an idea connection in february. Since then, almost once everyday i get irritating calls from their unsolicited customer care number, asking me to download Dialer Tone and ringtones. I do not want any dialer tone. But last week when i got the same call, i disconnected it as usual without pressing any button. Immediately i got a message that Dialer Tone has been activated. I was really annoyed, more so because RS. 40 were also deducted from my account.

I had to call up their customer care at least 5 times to get it canceled and convince them that there was some problem in the software. But the customer care operators were rude and adamant saying again and again that it cannot be activated on its own and that it was some misunderstanding from my part.

What do they think? Ss it my hobby to call customer care operators without any reason and waste my time? I was asked to call at some other no. to get my dialer tone canceled, the charges for which are Rs. 7 /min! After much of verbal riots i got to get it canceled by them. My friend who was a witness to this annoying incident was also surprised by the faulty system.

N  2nd of Mar, 2009 by

The primary objective of the National Do Not Call Registry (NDNC Registry) is to curb Unsolicited Commercial Communication (UCC). UCC has been defined as "any message, through telecommunications service, which is transmitted for the purpose of informing about, or soliciting or promoting any commercial transaction in relation to goods, investments or services which a subscriber opts not to receive, but, does not include, ----

(i) any message (other than promotional message) relating to a service or financial transaction under a specific contract between the parties to such contract;or

(ii) any messages relating to charities, national campaigns or natural calamities transmitted on the directions of the Government or agencies authorized by it for the said purpose;

(iii) messages transmitted, on the directions of the Government or any authority or agency authorized by it, in the interest of the sovereignty and integrity of India, the security of the State, friendly relations with foreign States, public order, decency or morality."

Idea Cellular Logo Idea Cellular