Icon Health And FitnessDelivered to the wrong address - lost sale b/c of Awful Customer Service!

We bought a machine from ICon Fitness and waited for delivery, only to find they delivered it the wrong person, wrong city, wrong everything. Mistakes happen - I was understanding. However, after discovering their mistake, I couldn't believe the lack of help given to me from their customer service department. Everytime I called "customer service", I was put on hold for a minimum of 40 minutes each time. Each department I spoke to told me I needed to speak to another department. They took a message and I've YET to receive a returned phone call. No one seems to care. No one is willing to help. As a result, we canceled our order and will order another brand that receives high customer service ratings. I wonder... if I had this much trouble just trying to get the machine delivered to the correct house, how much more trouble would I have had if it ever needed a repair? No thanks, Icon health & fitness. :(

Comments

• Ri
      Jan 29, 2010
    Icon Health And Fitness - Will not respond to e-mail regarding shipping charges
    Icon Health And Fitness

I have had to place 2 orders for replacement parts for a treadmill. The first came to $3.81, and after s/h the total was $18.26 -including state sales tx. The second order came to $2.35 and after state tax, s&H, and shipping tax (?) it came to $19.68. The first order was sent through the mail, in an envelope. I haven't received my second order yet, but it is small and will probably also be sent in an envelope.

Their reasoning for the exorbitant s&h is: it pays for their overhead. They would rather charge a high handling rate than price their product higher. They also have not answered my two e-mails questioning shipping tax. I have never had to pay shipping tax before!

• Dr
      Aug 29, 2012

Their shipping fees are exorbitant! Cost of part before S&H, $117; after S&H, $149. $32 to ship a controller board and it took nearly 2 weeks to get to me, and I live in the same state. I couldn't go to someone else, since it is a proprietary part for their treadmill. This was after waiting on hold several times, once for 67 minutes, never getting a representative. Eventually, I was able to order via Chat online, but why offer a phone number if nobody answers it? I will never buy exercise equipment from this company again.