ICICI NRI Banking - Money2India / money2india: read this before you use the service!
I think everyone who is using or planning to use money2india service and the people responsible for running/ensuring service for this organization should read this.
I issued a check for an amount of GBP 1500 on 12 sep 07 from my Barclay's bank, Gibraltar to have the funds transferred to my bank account in india. The tracking number is M2L60306729. Everything worked well, funds were credited within a weeks time and amount debited from my Barclays bank.
As i was assuming or was under the illusion of icici being one of the professional financial institutions present in india and talking about the same to my friends in europe, they gave me a surprise. Funds withdrawn from my bank account in india on 16 october 2007 ( after almost a month )for an equivalent amount of GBP 1500 with the reason "refer to drawer". When i called up Barclays bank, nobody seems to have a clue. Now to this day, i have called up atleast more than a dozen agents, couple of supervisors and spoken to a manager in hyderabad (wahab ) who doesnt know where the funds are. Ultimately i am loosing GBP 1500 and willing to approach a legal authority in london unless they return the money either to my bank account in Barclay's or credit the funds back to my bank account in india. I have enough proof of the funds taken from barclays bank on 19th sep and no return till date. The document/bank statement updated till 1st oct has been forwarded to these guys on 16th oct.
They have assured to look into my case and asked for 24 hrs ( again, this story started 16th oct). I will keep this complaint updated and would notify everyone reading this forum. Till then i would suggest anyone using this service to make a decision based on my experience.
If i have a resolution soon, i will post my comments.
More ICICI NRI Banking - Money2India Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] ICICI Money2india Service - misleading exchange rate posted on their websites 
- ICICI Bank Ltd - worst nri icici bank services 
- ICICI Cpp India Card Protection - unauthorised debiting of my credit card. 
- ICICI Money2india Service - lying and cheating customers! 
- ICICI Bank - unable to confirm payee while abroad 
- ICICI Bank - current account
- ICICI Bank - icici bank credit card
- ICICI Bank - tricks customers in to buying their insurance schemes while transacting through net banking
- ICICI Bank - transaction dispute
- ICICI Bank - cpp one assist/ unauthorised charges from my account