ICICI Cpp India Card Protection / unauthorised debiting of my credit card.

1 India Review updated:

My name is Sanjay Mehta.I am an ICICI Bank Credit Card Holder. Over the last one week, the representatives of the Bank called me on my cell to convince me to enrol in CPP India's Card Protection Program for a annual fee of Rs.1295. I refused to become a member. Subsequently, I got 3 more similar calls to persuade me. I flatly refused to join. On 27/11/1009, I received an sms from the Bank that my card had been debited Rs.1295 for joining the program !!!

This is blatant cheating. A fraud . How can a reputed bank of this calibre debit my card without my consent???

Comments

• Ic
      1st of Dec, 2009

Dear Sanjay,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. Please write to us with your contact details and credit card number at care@icicibank.com. We'll contact you and work to address your issue.

Regards,
    ICICI Customer Service Team.

• Su
      30th of Jan, 2010

So far I have had only good experience with ICICI card. Perhaps it is quality of service for Gold and Titanium card holders. Long story follows.

When I first moved to Chennai from Bengaluru (Bangalore in 2005), I was against buying any service or product from ICICIbank based on bad experiences I heard from other colleagues in Bengaluru.

On the date of joining an IT corporate in Chennai, my new employer asked me to choose a bank account for salary credit from three choices - ICICI bank, Standard Chartered Bank and Citibank. I already had a Citibank account and didn't have the need to open a new bank account. The salesman ICICI Bank pleaded me to open a Gold credit card account which I kept refusing. Finally he won and I received the gold Mastercard in couple of weeks.

The best part of the acquiring this card was that ICICI credit cards offered 5% discount (yes discount and not cashback points) on most merchantise in Chennai as soon as I had this card. Due to family events, we had to buy jewels for relatives and I straight away pocketed 5% in all jewels purchase, which was promptly credited in next bank statement.

Later when ICICI bank offered American Express card, it was offered with 4 points for every Rs.100 purchase as introductory offer. When I inquired the bank, they promptly sent me an American Express credit card. The 4 points offered ended after the introductory period without any notice (until I checked the statement I did not realise this and I called the bank and they confirmed it is now back to 2 points for every Rs.100). Moreover American Express card is still viewed as premium card by many shops and they do not accept it.

In 2008, my employer asked everyone to acquire ICICI card to reimburse fuel bills. All my colleagues were getting Platinum Visa card and so it became a peer pressure for me to get a Platinum or equivalent worth card. In the mean time in 2007, I received an ICICI Online Card for Indian Railways ticket booking and other online shopping and another Amex gold card for spouse - all attached to the main card and so only one credit card statement per month. I called ICICI call centre to set the credit limit on spouse card to Rs.10000 :-)

I called up ICICI and asked them to send me a Titanium Mastercard (personally I like Mastercard than Visa) and also a secondary card for my spouse. They promptly send both Titanium cards with increased credit limits. My wife doesn't know the limit on the Titatium card is far higher than the previous Amex card she had :-)

Recently my bag was searched for security reasons while I was away to toilet. I was worried that the card security might be compromised and I immediately called up the bank to block my card, which they promptly did.

My only constraint is how to continue using these cards if I ever move abroad, which means no India address to receive PIN numbers and physical deliveries.

I treat the above incident as a warning sign that my cards are not protected enough. In fact ICICI bank tried to sell me the CPP service before the above incident happened. One week after the above incident happened, they tried to sell me CPP again. I am seriously considering to buy the CPP service and peace of mind.

• Ri
      14th of Oct, 2012

ICICI CPP CARD PROTECTION
    I had recieved a call on 10th sept 2012 and took my confirmation. It was told that the amount will be deducted after I recieve the kit and a person will followup for the final confirmation. Its been a month and I have'nt recieved the welcome kit and the amount is also been deducted from my credit card. Now when I called CPP they inform me that only 50% will be refunded. Why? Its fault in your service and promises given to the customer. I have'nt provided any final confirmation on this.
    The company protecting from fraud is doing fraud and making money.
    I am ICICI customer from past 7-8 years and have never recieved such a problem from them.

2nd of Nov, 2012

i am charanjit singh an axis bank credit card holder Cpp india has unauthourizedly debited my credit card of rs 1680, as a renewal membership for this which i have not requested them at all . cpp is a fraud company and am surprised that how can axis bank
    without my authorization give cpp the permission to debit my credit card account .i called cpp they say they will give me only 50% REFUND . PLEASE DO take the cpp card protection . they are totally frauds .
    i kindly request Axis bank to refund and credit my money back . my email id is channimj@yahoo.com

• Pr
      18th of Jan, 2014

i am praveen kumar patrudu paid money for cpp kit through axisbank debit card.they said they will provide a welcome kit to my home address but still i did not receive any welcome kit.they debited rs 1680.this is a fraud.so please help me to get my money back.my mail id is p.praveenpatrudu@gmail.com

• Im
      16th of Oct, 2014

Same thing happened to me. This is a scam, a blatant FRAUD.
    I can't believe a reputed bank like ICICI lets companies like CPP have a free hold of the customer accounts and lets them charge accts without any authorization.
    I am very concerned about the safety of the bank acct after this incident.
    I will look elsewhere for major deposits.

21st of Nov, 2014

Dear Mr. Mehta,

We regret the inconvenience caused. Please write to care@icicibank.com with your contact details. Our official will assist you. Refer '924312' in the subject line.

• Ra
      3rd of Feb, 2016

i also got the same problem with ICICI bank. Without customer concern they raised service request and approve the same. Shame with ICICI

• Ew
      26th of May, 2016

I was tried to contact their helpline number but I haven't get any IVR option after the ring. I have only getting a dead air So how can I trust u.

27th of May, 2016

Dear Ewin Dcruz,

We are sorry to hear about your concern. Please write to care@icicibank.com with your contact details. Kindly mention the UID (924312_aaaj) in the subject line of your email. Our official will assist you.

• Sh
      20th of Aug, 2016

Hi

My Membership No is (IA0645603). I am not interested in the services provided by CPP. Please cancel my membership immediately.
    Please confirm me in my mail address. My mail address is shivacivilgce@gmail.com

• Rn
      18th of Sep, 2016

please refer -CPP SR431754404-renewal dated-16-09-2016
    sir my icici bank a/c no. 016301542373 has been debited Rs. 1599/- on 16-09-2016 against card protection plan . For the plan neither I was willing nor any your representative ask to me for willing of plan .So I request you please refund my amount Rs.1599/- and don't activate the CPP in future.
    Inform. me at following contacts.
    1. rnpandey754724@gmail.com
    2. Mobile No. 9454015284 & 7376637396

18th of Sep, 2016

Dear Mr. Pandey,

We regret any inconvenience caused. Our official will get in touch with you. We appreciate your patience.

• As
      26th of Sep, 2016

My Membership No is (IA0653752). I am not interested in the services provided by CPP. Please cancel my membership immediately.
    Please confirm me in my mail address.
    My mail address is- ashish29pandey@gmail.com.
    Mobile no.-9412901860

• Sr
      20th of Oct, 2016

Hello,

My name is Srikanth M V S L . I got an SMS yesterday stating that 1599 was deducted from my credit card siting a reason " Card Protection Plan " . I said I am not interested for this plan and when I called their toll free number to cancel this plan, they spoke very rudely. I called nearly ten times from yesterday and didn't get any proper response from ICICI bank support regarding cancellation for this plan. they said they raised a request for cancellation of plan and some people disconnected the call in the middle . When I call again another guy lifted the phone and I again has to tell entire scenario from the beginning. Never expected this sort of response and customer treatment from ICICI bank. I just don't want this card protection plan and please credit the deducted amount. At least please respond to the customers in a proper way. I seriously didn't expected this treatment from ICICI bank.

my registered mobile number is 8985172569
    mail id srikanthmodukuri@gmail.com

Please cancel the CPP as early as possible and revert the deducted amount to my credit balance. Please make sure that the customers concern is properly addressed. That is the only reason they call to you.

23rd of Oct, 2016

Dear Mr. Srikanth,

4th of Jan, 2017

My name is Anant Ajabe. My number in - +919823128152. I am an ICICI Bank Credit Card Holder. On last week from my credit card Rs. 1599/- automatically deducted towards CPP India's Card Protection Program. I don't apply this plan also. I also tried to registered compliant to ICICI bank, but not receive any response from Bank.
    This is blatant cheating. A fraud .

5th of Jan, 2017

Dear Anant25,

We regret any inconvenience caused. We have made a note of your contact details. Our official will address your concerns.

13th of May, 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

please refer -CPP-SR472262566-Renewal dated-12-05-2017.

My icici bank a/c no. 111601503784 has been debited Rs. 1599/- on 12-05-2017 against card protection plan . Please cancel my membership immediately and I request you please refund my amount Rs.1599/-.Kindly don't activate the CPP in future.
    Inform. me at following contacts.
    1. sathya.kommula@gmail.com
    2. Mobile No. 9866481599.

Many thanks for considering your time.

9th of Jun, 2017

Hello,
    I was sold this CPP but I do not want to continue with this service any longer and I do not even remember my membership number. Why it is so hard for ICICI to provide a link to cancel the services online from your mobile app or internet banking instead of contacting someone over phone? Why do you guys make it so hard for your customers to get out of some service when you happily suggest and recommend and take our verbal agreement as commitment to the membership? Our inability to cancel the services makes us feel like this is a scam even though I dont think it is and I still trust your good intentions to help your customers. Please provide a direct number or site to cancel the service instead of responding back to each individual about contacting back. Let me know what details you need from me ?
    Thanks in advance!