ICICI Bank / totally waste

1 India

I'm Rajesh from Sathyamangalam.
I went for opening an account in ICICI Bank(Code:6226), Sathyamangalam, Erode - Dist.Tamilnadu on 10.09.2009. The problem i faced there forced me to run away from the bank. On 9.9.09 I just went to the ICICI Bank (Sathyamangalam)to enquire about the formalities for opening a savings account. The Bank personel told about the formalities and proofs that i have to submit for the same. He asked me to bring my Driving Licence, ration card, PAN Card, voters id. Actually i dont have a ration card because i'm new to this Place and my ration card is having my native address, same is the case with my Voters id. So i asked him whether i can submit my Post Paid Aircel bill for the Address proof. He said it is more than enough. Next day i went there with all the documents and money. I submitted my PAN card, ID Card, Driving Licence and Post paid bill.When half of the formality was over, they said we wont accept the post paid bill and asked me to bring my SBI Cheque book for KYC. With all pain i went to my house which far away from the ICICI bank. I came with cheque book and gave them a cheque. Immediately they had some doubt in processing and asked me to wait there. I was waiting there for more than a hour . Finally they told me in the evening that they need ration card Or BSNL Land Line Bill unless otherwise they wont process my application. The whole day was wasted. Immediately i went to the AXIS bank nearby and opened a Savings account within 20 minutes.Hats of to them (AXIS People). This is not the right way to deal with the customer who comes in happily to open an account .
I dont know why they neglect the Post paid bill of Aircel as address proof. Only by submitting all proofs we are getting a post paid connections. Even ICICI itself is a Private bank but not beliving in other established private operators. Really i was worried very much. I submitted my PAN Card, Driving Licence, ID card, Post paid bill. What else they need? I dont know.

My advice to others, I had read tons of complaints against ICICI bank in the web regarding Credit Card Issues, Unauthorised acessing of Account, Irresponsible reply from Customer services and insurance . Please be aware of it. They wont tell all the details initially but when they get the chances the will do all sought of nonsences. They will suck all your money.

Beware of ICICI