ICICI Bank / very poor customer service!

1 India Review updated:

I am customer of ICICI Bank Ltd, Vikas Puri Branch, New Delhi, India since last 7 seven years and have most relationships like Banking, cards, demat and home loan with it. Despite having multiple relationships, they don't understand the importance and empathy a customer deserves.

I had made an online transfer of payment from my savings account on 2nd May 2007 to another visa account and in normal process it should reach in 3 working days. The amount from my account was deducted the same moment. After few days I checked with beneficiary (GE Cash Card) about the payment of Rs. 6000.00 made and they refused to have received any such payment and started charging me interest on outstanding amount.

I chased up ICICI Bank phone banking (near to getting worse) where the call centre agents based in Hyderabad are no more than robots looking and replying after seeing the computer in front of them. I lodged my complaint and they kept on transferring me from one officer to other till finally landed up with reply to write email.

I wrote email to them and they claimed that money was transferred on 3rd May whereas it did not reached beneficiary. Instead of them checking and chasing, they (their customer service representative Ramya) asked me to check with beneficiary. When I asked her to compensate me for the charges levied bay beneficiary it was outrightly denied saying that "it is not due to our fault".

Finally on 22nd May, she generated a service request which is pending and unresolved till now and god knows when will my money reach. I have escalated the matter to next hierarchical level to Mr. Anirudh Kamani, Head, Customer Service by sending an online complaint yesterday the 31st May 2007 and awaiting an acknowledgment.

By all means, ICICI Bank claiming to be largest private sector Bank is not caring for customer satisfaction and redressal of their complaints in the interest of customers.

Comments

2nd of Jul, 2007

Dear Mr. Kumar,

With reference to our telephonic conversation regarding the cheque, we understand that your query is attended. We are unable to process your request received through e-mail for updating your communication address in our records, as e-mail is not a safe medium to update sensitive account information.

Please place a request for the address change through any of the following options:

a) Call ICICI Bank 24-hour Customer Care and place a request after authenticating yourself by entering your 16-digit ATM/debit card number and 4-digit ATM/debit card PIN (Personal Identification Number).

b) Visit any branch and submit an application. You may also send across a duly signed application to the branch.

c) Please obtain the Address Change Request Form from our website http://www.icicibank.com/Pfsuser/channels/oct_05_crf1.pdf
    or from any ICICI Bank branch or ATM.

Note: If the account is opened less than six months back, we request you to place a request for address change at the branch where you have the account along with an address proof.

Please mention the phone number if any, to be updated along with the communication address.

Note: If you have placed a request for address change at the Customer Care center we will be unable to process a request for deliverables at Customer Care for a month from date of address change request placed.
    Sincerely,

Harini Elizabeth
    Customer Service Officer
    ICICI Bank Limited

"ICICI Bank introduces 9.5 % interest p.a. on a 890 day Fixed Deposit. SMS FD to 676766, Eg. FD JAY "

"We would like to know whether you were satisfied with this e-mail interaction. Please click on http://www.hansaresearch.com/icicibank/eNew/emain.asp?prd=01&ICICICARE=24336727 to tell us."

• Na
      28th of Jul, 2007

I am an account holder, salaried employee for this bank. With out giving any prior information, they have cut 111/- from my account. It was happened only for me in whole organization. When i asked them there is no proper response, simply they will say that will not be reversible. Simply very bad service. So i decided that as i get salary from this account, i will withdraw total amount and will deposit in my other bank accounts, which i feel better service.

16th of Nov, 2007

I fully agree with the complainant. The ICICI should be levied high penalty on delays in attending the customer complaints. When this bank will realize that their greatest assets are its customers only.
    I have the similar bad experience with the same branch (VIKASPURI ICICI bank branch). I request higher authorities that Branch manager should be transferred immediately to another place or should be given some training on CRM (Customer Relations Management). My complaint is regarding a FD which was for 49000/- and the branch made it for 4900/- that's too after a month while the full amount they had received one month back.
    I am following the matter with respected Dr K V Kamat and hope to change the situation within few days.

31st of Dec, 2007

Dear Sir,

Here I want to inform you, i opened my nri account in ICICI Bank at Maninagar, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, india branch before 4 month from Al-rajhi bank, jubail, saudi arab. After one month of open the Account i got the ATM card and cheque book, but still after 4 month i didn’t get the ATM card Pin code and Internet banking id and password. I asked many time to the your representative at here in Al-rajhi bank, jubail, saudi arabia. But he didn’t give me positive responce. And since last 2 month nobody here in the bank from ICICI. I asked to the Al-rajhi bank person then he told me ICICI bank get him back to riyadh office. So please i request to you give me positive reply or advise me how can i get my ATM code no. and Internet banking ID and password.

Thanks,

ICICI Gen Manager

Pune

Sub : Harrassament by the Branch Manager/ Employee

Sir,

with due respected I am soilder have an A/C No.0074015120 and DP ID no. 30328 & client Id No 51753759. In your Pune Kondwa Branch. Presently I am posted with Milatary Hospital Ahmednagar maharastra I had payed 3750 Rs at ahmednagar brach to clsoe my saving and demat accts on 12 Nov 07 Mr Mayur who is handling the consernet table assured me that we are the appropreat authority to do the same. But since 12 NOV 2007, I am frequently visiting the branch Mr mayur as wel as Branch Manegar are not reddy to listen my problem and misbehavig me because again qeatrly charge give to me .

I visiting to pune branch Bund guarden on 24 Dec 2007 advised by branch ahmednagaralso.They told me that now Ahmednagar branch (where I deposited the of 3750/-) is responsible for yuor disposal.

Now after harassing by all , I reques you to look into the matter and solve problem as soon as posible.

Thanking you. Your scincer

Sunil Sirohi

Military Hospital

Ahmednagar (M.H)

Mobile No.9823930253

• Mo
      2nd of Feb, 2008

Dear sir
    It is very said to say that your bank in Moradabad is not working properly.There is a large problem of ATM.The bank has the huge opportunity to grow in rural areas like Joya, Amroha.The HDFC has open its branch in joya and it is very demanded by the people overthere.There is a huge demand of pvt bank like ICICI in Amroha(j.p nagar)U.P.There is a strong business of cotton textiles in Amroha more than 5 lacs people engage with this business.Till now there is only Govt banks and they treated its customers very badly.So I am requesting you to open a branch in Amroha.
    I am interested to have my land on lease, you can contact me at work hours.
    Believe me there is a huge requirement of bank,the strong reasons are as follows:-
    1.cotton textile business.2.Large number of people investing in securities (shares).3.poor services by the govt banks.

Kindly think about it,and if it is possible than give me a contact person details.
    Hope for the positive response as soon as possible.
    your's truly
    Mohd adil khan
    MBA

• Jy
      20th of Feb, 2008

I forget my A/c No.It is a salary a/c. i want to know my A/c No. Can i convert it to saving A/c.Can i transfer my salary earned in abroad to this a/c.My A/c is in Nagpur(Ramdashpeth Branch).
    Address...
    Nagpur.

• Ar
      20th of May, 2008

sir
    iam opend my current account in jublihiils branch iam recived cheque book from your bank along with atm pin of debitcard but till this date iam not recived my debit card fom your bank my current, ac no 007605002465 please kindly take necessary steps for transmiting my debit card thanking you

a.rammohan

• Ra
      29th of May, 2008

First of all calling customer support is a very long process going through several confusing and unnecessary menu options. Once you reach someone...you experience one of the worst customer support you can imagine. The staff is not trained, not qualified and they talk through their ###. Every-time you call someone, you get to hear a different story about the problem you are facing. Almost like machines...they repeat what they are taught. Doesn't matter if that helps the customer or not. Absolutely disgusting.

• Ra
      23rd of Nov, 2008

hi frnds...
    Am holding a shop property of 200 Sf ft ...at junction spot in mumbai ...i want to give it on lease to to any BAnk for ATM centre ...how I should Approach them ...pls guide me.????

• Fa
      25th of Feb, 2009

Dears,

Pls Help me...

I am Al Rajhi Bank member in saudi Arabia, I'll Creat My User ID in the Above baking Net, Now I'll Forget the My ID & Password, How to get it, Pls Advice to me... My E-mail ID: farooknadec@yahoo.co.in / kawajahdasan@nadec.com.sa - pls give Respond ASAP.

• Am
      20th of Mar, 2009

Why ICICI do not provide an online address change option for the particular account?

• Cb
      9th of May, 2009

Complaint - Credit Card

I hold an ICICI credit card . I am really sorry to state that I am very disappointed with your services.
    I have brought it to your department's notice 100 times about changing my billing address but the change has still not been done. The consequences being that i have not been able to receive my statements and I am not at all comfortable about paying the amount as stated by you call centre executives.

Your customer care executives are not at all cooperative and behave in an unruly manner which is not expected of such a prestigious bank.

12th of May, 2009

Dear Mr. CB123,

Kindly write to us at nodalofficer@icicibank.com with ‘Customer Service issue – credit card’ as the subject line. Request you to provide the relevant details of your credit card along with your full name and contact details.

We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Nazia Sayeed
    Office of the Nodal Officer
    ICICI Bank

• Sy
      29th of Jun, 2009

ICICI bank once a most welcomed bank now is loosing its small customers just by their mere neglecting tactics.
    It may not matter much for them today, but things will not look like same on a long run. These small customers will become big customers after a while and obviously may not opt to join hands with them.
    Me too thinking of closing my accounts with them & go with any other bank which is giving good services.
    Nationalised banks are improving a lot and it is always better to support them when u get better services.

I also got fed up with the kind of service i get when i login to their website.
    when u also have such feeling just do what u think is right for u.

Jaffar
    Dammam-Saudi Arabia

• Ic
      27th of Aug, 2009

Hi Mr. Jaffar

We're sorry to hear of your experiences. If you can write to us at care@icicibank.com with your contact details and the account number, we will contact you.

Warm regards,
    ICICI Bank

• Ab
      1st of Sep, 2009

Hi
    General Manager

You are kindly requested, Can you give me address of your saudi arabia jeddah branch. I need open your bank account. i am new customer.

Looking for your reply

Best regards
    Abdul Basit
    00966-508084394 (Saudi arabia jeddah)

• Nu
      22nd of Jan, 2010

Hi
    General Manager

Looking for your reply

Best regards
    salma
    E-mail Id/nusratali60@yahoo.com-(Saudi arabia jeddah)

• Vi
      27th of Jun, 2015

Dear ICICI bank Top management.

Good Evening.

My name is vishvarajsinh jadeja. I have account in ICICI bank from 2008. I have taken ICICI bank Credit card for personal use in 2013. I am regularly getting Statement at my home from Octomber 2014. after that it's automatically stop to receive. I have complain so Many time to customer care regarding "Not Received Statement". But No solution given, I have personally visited to Ahmedabad Credit card department and raise my complain regarding Statement. they have commited to resolve this issue in next month and taken payment of my outstanding amount. March month came now again same Problem "NO STATEMENT RECEIVED". Again I have send mail to Customer care regarding same but no reply and also I have stop my payment. I have inform local level Employee of ICICI bank to resolve my problem than I will pay my outstanding amount. but it's not resolved. They have started me to charge Interest charges. late payment charges.Auto debit charges.
    Now It's June month. I have received first time statement at my home after 6 month of my follow up.
    Now I am requesting local level employee and also ICICI bank High authority to deduct my Charges. So I can pay my actual due amount.
    Hope for Positive reply from ICICI bank. Customer is always valuable for company. If I am wrong in single way I am ready to pay all payment.

Regards
    Vishvarajsinh jadeja
    8980806536/8238042112
    Credit card No:- 4375510881355009

• Du
      9th of Jul, 2015

Vishvarajsinh jadeja - never mention your full credit card online .. do you have ANY idea what damage that could do ??
    Anyways, you should use e-statement ... everyone does... Mobile companies, Savings Accounts ... all.